Not sure why they would own this

jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 08:04 am
Lately I’ve been going through boxes in the garage of things that belonged to my parents. I came across the gravy boat. I remember my father telling me he bought it online from someone in Europe because it was illegal to purchase Nazi memorabilia in the U.S. I always wondered why he would want to own anything that belonged to the Nazi’s but I guess he had his reasons. Not sure what to do with it or even if it’s legal for me to keep it.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2596/gravy2.jpg

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3910/gravym.jpg

BillRM

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 08:15 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
from someone in Europe because it was illegal to purchase Nazi memorabilia in the U.S.

It never been illegal to own/purchase such in the US but it can sure be in the EU countries so maybe you are remembering his words backward.
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 08:22 am
@BillRM,
Maybe that was it, illegal to sell in EU. I always wondered why he would want it, being Jewish and all.
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 08:35 am
@jcboy,
US has a very active NAzi Memoribilia market. Thousands of these clowns flock to estate sales and scarf up all sorts of such junk. So much so that there is a primary antiques market just of Nazi stuff. I wouldnt toss it if I were you. Id go over to Mount Dora to the Reininger antiques mall and see if anyone there is interested. OR, place em in an antique auction. Ill bet youd get more than you think(unless 100 bucks is not worth your time)

I do picking and selling at auction and usually I wait till I have a passel of like stuff and then farm it out to one of the regional antiques auctions that have catalog shows every quarter or so. Several years ago I made a small fortune selling FULPER crystalline glazed pottery and a few Roseville Delarobioa vases.
The market may be a bit soft now but Id look at one of the trade papers and scour how the "NAzi market" is holding up. One of the regional trade papaers is Jerry Slaters antiques and Collectible news.

I am a bit creeped out at Nazi ****. I have several cartoons done by an artist named C X Carson. He did a lot of WPA and wartime political cartoons for Stars and STripes. Like a genius I thought Id make a bundle because all the cartoons were depicting Hitker or Tojo getting swept away, bombed, or otherwise embarrassed by our boys. Well, the NAzi collectors wanted nothing to do with Hitler on the receiving end and the art collectors were creeped out by anything woith Hitler or Tojo on em. SO now I have like 8 cartoons, all stored in archive leafs and showed in a deep map drawer. I only paid like 30 t0 50 bucks a piece and I thought I could easily double my money. BUT---- NOBODY wants the damn things. YOU , on the other hand, have memoribilia OF the REICH and its collectible by the skinheads

jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 08:59 am
@farmerman,
Yeah I also think its kind of creepy to own. Don’t really want it in the house. I wasn’t sure what to do with it. Might just take it down to one of the antique shops and see if they're interested. I think most here want you to put it on consignment, then if they sell it you get 40%, I really don’t care what they sell it for if they just get rid of it for me.
chai2

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 09:03 am
@jcboy,
Roberta owns a Nazi spoon.

She uses it to make pudding.
There's a thread about it somewhere.

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 09:05 am
@chai2,
Thats cause it the "Reich spoon" to make pudding with
chai2

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 09:06 am
@farmerman,
I'm going back to bed now.
chai2

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 09:08 am
@chai2,
Morgan, here's the link to Boida's thread.

http://able2know.org/topic/8288-1
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 09:29 am
@chai2,
Thanks I was trying to find it Smile
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 10:09 am
Bauscher China has existed since 1881 and I would contact them regarding the china you have.
http://www.bauscher.com/

By the way it is for the Deutsche Luftwaffe.
BillRM

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 11:07 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
Might just take it down to one of the antique shops and see if they're interested.

Jcboy if you wish to sell it why not just use ebay?
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 11:26 am
@BillRM,
hehehe well there is story about me and ebay.

I knew this girl who had her own ebay store and I was at her house and saw something she was selling and I wanted to buy it from her but she said it was already online and people were bidding on it so I would have to bid on it myself.

So I got on her computer and placed my bid. She called me the next day because ebay deleted her online store, and I found out they banned me, apparently you can’t bid on something from the same IP address, boy was she
mad at me. Cool
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 11:27 am
@saab,
Interesting, thanks for the link, I found a few more pieces of china from them today.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 11:51 am
@jcboy,
LOL oh well at least you are gay so your error did not result in any lost of fun and games..........

I also wonder how ebay deal with public hotspots and isp addresses getting reassign and so on.

Seems likely with hundreds of millions of users tens of thousands are going to be ban by error every day by using that system.

Interesting......................
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 03:25 pm
Well I took it to two different antique stores and they didn’t want to display it in their stores, can’t really say that I blame them. Confused
chai2

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 04:28 pm
@jcboy,
Yeah, I could see that.

I don't know about selling it morgan. I'd be wondering about the person who'd want to buy such a thing.
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 04:29 pm
@jcboy,
I've never heard of these guys lol. I found a box full of albums!

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8011/nylons.jpg
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 04:29 pm
@chai2,
I know! I still can’t figure out why my father would buy it!
chai2

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 04:35 pm
@jcboy,
maybe so someone else wouldn't have it?

just a random guess.

Is there an organization, holocaust related that would accept it?

jeez, this is like in the movie Hellraiser. You don't want anyone to get their hands on that puzzle box.