phpbb to go, nice for search engines?

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:40 am
I added the phpbb2go mod for phpbb, and it's basically everything in text format, extremely simplified, for mobile users of pda's and ppc's. but it also may be good for search engines so it just provides links of all your site neat and organized, if you like I can post the link so you can see the mod at work here or in a pm to you. I thought you might be interested, or others.

as a matter of fact, it's kinda like your spyder mod, but easier looking for users, maybe?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 748 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 01:04 pm
I've seen it. I think it's horrible to allow search engines to index it. The pages get indexed well by spiders, but to me the pages have no value to display to visitors. No way to get them to sign up, no reply......

I would use them for mobile users but robot.txt them out of search engines.

If you don't robot.txt it then at least make sure that searchers who land there can find the real version of your site.
0 Replies

khisanthax

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:26 am
ah, I gotcha. for a split minute I thought that what the spyders indexed would be different fromw hat the searches found, oops.

there's supposed to be another wap mod, did you check that out too?

well, it was a thought
0 Replies