how much cost the car in USA

Italia

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 05:59 am
Hi to all,

Please help me to understand a thing about the prices of the cars in USA.

In Europe if you go to the official site of BMW for example the price you see include VAT (22% for Italy) and even the taxes for the registration.

How is it in USA? If I have to buy a car and register in USA what exactly I have to pay in NY state. In many sites I saw MSRP (Manufacture suggested retail price or invoice price - but what price I have to look.
Please give me a real example.

Thank you really very much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,795 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 06:02 am
Can't say for New York, but in Ohio, you would pay "taxes, title and license." In the case of my vehicle, that meant i paid 5.75% sales tax on the vehicle, i paid a further $75 fee for the registration of the title, and i paid on the order $69 for the license plates which must be attached to the vehicle (i think, i now have "vanity" plates, and they cost more, so i don't exactly recall the full price). Some states have a special tax on the sale of vehicles, and the example of California comes to mind. The new governor has rescinded that tax, and some people are complaining that the loss of revenue will hurt the state.

Basically, from having discussed this with many people from France, it seems a lot less expensive here than in France. Can't compare it to the rest of Europe. That VAT sounds awfully damned high.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 06:06 am
There are fifty states, not to mention the various territories. Each state has a "dmv"--a department of motor vehicles. The name might change a little, but the idea is the same. Here's a link for New York:

New York Department of Motor Vehicles[/b][/color]

You might find the information you need at that site, and if you don't find it, or don't understand how to find it, you could send an e-mail to them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 09:12 am
Ciao Italia! Looks like setanta gave you some really good info. If you still need help, post again.
0 Replies