HTC Inspire Wallpaper Help

thack45

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 03:12 am
(This is a reply to a question about how to fix wallpaper image problems that was evidently removed from the forum. Since I already had it all typed up, here it is anyway)... Mr. Green

What you're looking for is to disable wallpaper scrolling. But I don't know if that's setting's available on your stock device. If it's not, there are a couple of routes to take:

There's an app called Wallpaper Wizardrii which claims to give you this option, and you can use your gallery images with it. The reviews do indicate that the app hasn't been that great after recent updates.

Another (imo better) way to go about it would be to get a home screen "launcher" from the market (ADW, LauncherPro, Go Launcher...) There are plenty of them out there. My Favorite is Zeam Launcher. It's the bare bones launcher that won't hog virtual memory. And if you have the little 1st generation Droid like I do, you want to spare every one of those scant MBs. So from your home screen, press Menu-> Preferences-> Workspace-> uncheck Scroll wallpaper.

One last thing to consider is your screen resolution. If you don't know what it is, just google it for your device. Resize the image you want as your wallpaper to that size, then put the image on your phone.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,127 • Replies: 0
No top replies