Is it right to force you kids into religion and other things

revel

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:16 am
I am new
Hello, this is an intereting topic.

Looking at it practically, what else can you do if you have children and you go to church, leave them at home with a babysitter? Wouldn't that be a little excessive?

I grew up growing to Church and when I had kids I took them to Church. Later when they became teenagers they sort of drifted into not wanting to get up in the mornings and go to Church, so I didn't force them. I allowed my children to go their friends Churches to see if they believed differently. Later they made a decision to start going to my Church when they can. (They have busy schedules) I guess I did have influences on them because I always talked to them about the Bible and why I believed the way I did, and showed them in the Bible why I believed the way I do. So I guess my conclusion to the matter is that I think there is nothing wrong in talking about your beliefs to your children, just be open and prepared for them not to believe in it. Like that old saying, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink." (something like that)
0 Replies