A Discussion with Atheists

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 07:20 pm
Hi,
you do agree to the fact that even the smallest industry or organization needs a manager, right ? with out a manager things won't go the way they are wanted to. so how the hell can such a huge universe, with all the laws and species, solar system and weather, the worm inside a black stone and every little damn atom is operating and organizing it self own its own ? i pity you atheists. when i tell you that last night i run outta gas and suddenly tyres came down rolling, a huge engine fell from the sky and formed a brand new car own its own, but you would laugh at me that i am some crazy lunatic and yet you believe that all this universe which is infinity times more complicated than building a car is all by it self ? Why ? how can you reject such an undeniable truth ?

roger

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 07:24 pm
@siglawoo,
Please save you pity for somewhere it's needed - like yourself.

Have you considered the virtues of capitalization?
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 07:38 pm
@siglawoo,
We can save a lot of time and effort if you just read through the posts in this topic forum and add your comments to them so we don't have to reinvent the wheel again.

http://able2know.org/forum/atheism/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 07:40 pm
@siglawoo,
If you only knew how many times that has been said on here - There are thousands of pro and con statements about atheism and religion on this site. Your statement is not only unoriginal, it does not hold water.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 08:56 pm
@siglawoo,
What in the name of everything sacred does an "industry or organization" (by definition, a human-invented social entity) have in common with the cosmos??? Your analogy is so weak, it's on its knees before you even get started.
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 12:16 am
@siglawoo,
Quote:
how can you reject such an undeniable truth ?

Hi, you are correct, no-one can refute the undeniable truth.

Pleased to meet you.
0 Replies

siglawoo

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 12:46 am
i know this matter has been discussed a thousand times. i am new on this forum. and i would like to have this discussion with any of you (well known atheist) of this site. So kindly either Help me or let me help you. i want a proper discussion.

my 1st questions is, if there is no God.
who mentioned in Quran about the big bang theory 1400 years ago that you believe today ? who could have mentioned that ? ( Chapter 21, Verse 30 )

my 2nd question is.
recently 100 or 150 years back we came to know that the light of the moon is reflected light, or borrowed light. before that we used to believe that moon has its own light. so who could mention in Quran 1400 years ago about the light reflection of the moon. ( Chapter 25- Verse 61)

my 3rd question is.
when did we come to know that the earth we live on is spherical ? you will say it was 1597 when sir francis sailed around the earth and proved that the earth is spherical. but 1400 years ago its mentioned in Quran." and thereafter we made the earth egg shape, the arabic word " dahaha " means egg, egg of an ostrich. so is the world we live on is in the shape of an ostrich egg, not completely round (Chapter 79 - Verse 30 )

and about water cycle. well it has been mentioned in Quran in several places, and explained in a very good detail....there are many many more things that Quran has predicted 1400 years ago, that we are recently discovering. i am not going all religious on you. just tell me how is it possible. 80 percent of the Quran is proved scientifically. why is that the Quran is the most studied book in the Nasa Library ? if i am weak and on my knees, just coup de grace and make me an atheist. as i said either help me or let me help you. and please before accusing me of anything just like the above posts. kindly give answers to these questions. it would really help me alot.

fresco

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 01:03 am
@siglawoo,
Your concept of "self" depends on your concept of "a god", both of which have been constructed by your social conditioning. If you had been born in Tibet you would have very different ideas. Unless you understand the social nature of your self integrity you will be limited to the thinking habits of your culture.

It takes courage and intelligence to develop your understanding. Are you up to it ?
siglawoo

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 01:47 am
@fresco,
speaking of social condition according to different regions. Then why is islam the most growing religion in the world ? you do know this era is not a good era for islam to be converted to, due to all the islamophobia crap. yet people around the world with different social conditions convert to islam ? why is that ? and its most growing in Europe + America. they should be the ones opposing it more. cause you know its just the media thats opposing it. and what understanding and intelligence you want me to develop ? To become my own God, and reject the almighty ? i can never do it. if you believe the part of science which says " there must be a materialistic proof or evidence to prove the existence of God" then i believe the part of logic which says " There must be an inventor, or creator, or manufacture to give existence to matter "

God is never coming down and show you magic tricks so you can believe in him. this is not a magic show my friend. its the most important decision of your life. there are a hundred of signs of God's existence everywhere. especially in Quran. i would love to go in detail if you want to.
siglawoo

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 01:49 am
@roger,
nope i dont. care to enlighten me?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 02:01 am
@siglawoo,
Yes. It is interesting that Islamicists killing themselves and others over the trivia of belief systems is also the biggest source of terrorism. A most virulent virus infecting the modern world. Allahu Akbar ? Laughing
Ah..but that would take intelligence to see, and courage to understand.
siglawoo

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 04:41 am
@fresco,
oh please. in a discussion with an atheist i dont have to support a specific religion or islam. i am supporting universal religion and One God. ok i convert to christianity for a while. what now ? give me the answer. something intellectual than terrorism and islamophobia. with all due respect, one thing i have realized about you atheists is that all of you are very controversial, extremely controversial. you just dont stick to the point.
fresco

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 06:53 am
@siglawoo,
If you are agreeing that all religions are tend to be pernicious at the macro-level, with Islam as the current forerunner then you are using your brains ! Otherwise you are merely on an infantile self-valediction exerise without out the slightest concept of "selective evidence". The fact that a clever charismatic figure with dubious sexual inclinations called Mohammed managed to found a religion is entirely analogous to the story of Joseph Smith and the Mormons.The only difference is that the Mormons no longer indulge in random killings, child marriage or polygamy. Sheep like all types of shepherds with the knack of leadership!

By the way, no atheist with a knowledge of the history of science will waste their time debating "visions" in Koranic ramblings, any more than they would debate seeing the face of Jesus in a cloud formation.

rosborne979

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 07:19 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

If you are agreeing that all religions are tend to be pernicious at the macro-level, with Islam as the current forerunner then you are using your brains ! Otherwise you are merely on an infantile self-valediction exerise without out the slightest concept of "selective evidence". The fact that a clever charismatic figure with dubious sexual inclinations called Mohammed managed to found a religion is entirely analogous to the story of Joseph Smith and the Mormons.The only difference is that the Mormons no longer indulge in random killings, child marriage or polygamy. Sheep like all types of shepherds with the knack of leadership!

By the way, no atheist with a knowledge of the history of science will waste their time debating "visions" in Koranic ramblings, any more than they would debate seeing the face of Jesus in a cloud formation.
I can only give you one Thunbs-up for that. But it deserves at least ten. Very well said. Although I'm sure it will fall on completely deaf ears.
fresco

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 07:23 am
@rosborne979,
Appreciated !
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 06:15 pm
@siglawoo,
siglawoo wrote:

oh please. in a discussion with an atheist i dont have to support a specific religion or islam. i am supporting universal religion and One God. ok i convert to christianity for a while. what now ? give me the answer. something intellectual than terrorism and islamophobia. with all due respect, one thing i have realized about you atheists is that all of you are very controversial, extremely controversial. you just dont stick to the point.

The point? Are there, and have there ever been, any gods? It seems not. Pure and simple.
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 10:13 am
siglawoo, why does it concern you what atheists think about the question of God?
0 Replies

RexDraconis111

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 10:13 am
@siglawoo,
Because it isn't exactly an undeniable truth. Most atheists want solid proof rather than conjecture based on a book if they are to even consider believing in a god.

While not exactly an atheist myself, I do get where they're coming from.

I have never once believed in most religions' interpretation of God or a savior or prophet or anything like that. However, I DO believe that there is some higher or more advanced being or beings out there who if nothing else jump-started life in this world, galaxy, and even universe.
fresco

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 10:38 am
@RexDraconis111,
...."and who jump started them" asks both theist and atheist ? Wink
(BTW siglawoo has disappeared. Maybe he couldn't take the heat !)
RexDraconis111

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 11:22 am
@fresco,
Wow. I didn't see that much heat here. maybe I'm used to it. Laughing

Don't know. But I wouldn't be surprised if somebody did. This also may have something to do with my belief that we are not alone in this vast universe.
0 Replies