Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 10:57 am
So, i'm now an empty nester. I don't have to work so I can be picky. I have assembled the below points, and wondered if anyone can help me figure out what job would best fit:

I'm Female 44 yeasr old

Strong admin assistant skills

Did not like being receptionist are admin assistant

Travel is ok

Pay would be a non issue with the right opportunity

Like these industries - Finance / Entertainment / Sports

Any ideas to what the perfect job would be, or where I could go to do a complete appitude test ( not one of thee fake online apptitude)?

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,803 • Replies: 6
No top replies

RachellRenee43

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 11:32 am
@RachellRenee43,
OK, I see plenty of people reading this......no suggestions?

oh by the way, arount 20-30 hours would be fine.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 11:36 am
@RachellRenee43,
What did you have in mind as a job in Finance that would be any different than a receptionist or admin assistant job? They're all tied to a desk pushing papers for the most part.
RachellRenee43

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 11:56 am
@Butrflynet,
You are correct. Thats why I'm posting on here. I wonder if there is a traveling assistant type position? For a broker, then I could travel and put up with the admin assistant part.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 12:01 pm
@RachellRenee43,
Do some job searches for a personal assistant.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 12:12 pm
@RachellRenee43,
How about becoming a travel agent?
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos124.htm
It would require some coursework on your part--like maybe at a community college--but it is a job that requires good organizational and administrative skills, which you apparently have.
Quote:
Any ideas to what the perfect job would be, or where I could go to do a complete appitude test ( not one of thee fake online apptitude)?

I suspect you already know quite a bit about your own aptitudes and abilities, as well as the type of work environment you like or don't like, and the sort of things you really enjoy doing or would like to try.
So, I don't know how useful formal aptitude testing would be to you.

When you think about a "perfect job" for yourself, what sort of things, or job situations, come to your mind? What sort of jobs do other people have that you envy? Why do you envy them?

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 12:12 pm
@RachellRenee43,
A perfect job would be a volunteer position. How about as an administrator for a children's soccer or basketball league? You sound very much like someone we would want to run the local community tennis organization for example.
0 Replies