First Word -

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 03:28 pm
@vonny,
PHEW

Although storms are not good either, glad it's no where near you. It's so sad to hear of these floods/storms, destroying of homes and businesses, I believe parts of India are going through simular situations at present.

We had two of D's friends come and attend the wedding from England, they did NOT want to go home Wink They were quite adventurous a bit younger than us, well a few years Wink They climbed Sydney Bridge, sky dived Shocked and did Ayers Rock, then came to sleepy Adelaide. Had a ball.

Oh I just ordered $300 worth of real to touch flowers lols, the photo of us, I made mine. I have a few orders for next year, so another area to tap into, I JUST LOVE wedding hehe. But, yes, Restaurant Industry is hard to work 12hrs daily, I'd love D to have that opportunity of just creating for himself, working less. For me, yes, Real Estate I have to remain in, I get that, can do it for years to come, but a bit of passion and creating is going to be fun Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 03:44 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Chocolate

Hi, Foundy and Vonnie, good to read about all the planning going on.

C'mon, Foundy, you like being a workaholic..
Plus, once stuff is set up, the rat race will settle down.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 02:40 pm
@ossobuco,
OSSOBUCO

Well it's food Smile

Hey there Osso, ha, yessum I CAN not deny it.

Yesterday I was re-searching Bali manufacturers in clothing, though here is the thing. I know that's the right place to go to make a profit, finding the right person without all the red tape of copyright probably is stupid. More so, the mere thought of the wages over there, startles me, yet, they get paid something and end up with food on their table.

See my dilemma. But I soooo want to do it without the price tag. Just with the alterations alone that I did, on this "dress" 3 people wanted it.

Then there is the floristry, ordered up a storm of artificial flowers, ready to create.

Then there is D's Catering noooooooooooooooooooooooo Smile
vonny

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 01:55 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
CATERING

You don't know how lucky you are having a husband who can cook! And D's not just any old cook, he's a super chef from what I hear! Lucky you.

My cooking skills are going to be tested to the limit after this weekend. We're having a new cooker delivered on Saturday and it's far more modern than anything I've ever used before. Ceramic hob, double ovens - one fan assisted - and that's just the start of it! Hints and tips gratefully accepted - I have a sinking feeling that Christmas dinner will be beans on toast this year Laughing
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 02:26 pm
@vonny,
COOKER

Gas? Wow, congrats.

We can provide hints/tips - hit me with your thoughts you can't have bake beans Wink

One tip for roast meat, straight away is up high for 30 minutes then low for 3hrs Wink
vonny

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 02:31 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FUEL

Electricity - I've never used gas Embarrassed
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2015 03:08 pm
@vonny,
NEVER?

BBQ?

Our next move, I insist. I am tired of this electric carp oven Smile
vonny

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2015 03:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
NEVER!

BBQ - hey, what's wrong with barbecuing on a wooden pyre - the old-fashioned way - preferably on a beach Laughing Cool

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 12:49 am
@vonny,
BEACH

NOW you are talking !

Memories, Phuket, memories Wink

Actually, we prefer to cook our steaks on the BBQ.

FEATHERS

OMG I am in love, hehe, just purchased hundreds of peacock feathers, to make artificial bouquets can't wait!

Yeah, I know bighting off more than I can chew kinda!

CHRISTMAS?

Plans?

Cooking ?

Wink
vonny

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 02:28 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
ANTIBIOTICS

Don't ask - but I'm full of them! So Christmas is on hold ...

meantime ... your first Christmas as Mrs D - a family occasion?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2015 03:01 pm
@vonny,
OH DEAR!

Ok, won't ask but I want to, Christmas can't be put on hold, here's hoping that as we still have a week to go, you'll be able to celebrate.

KIA

First year without Kia, we would have to be home to inject her, which made life hard in getting to places. Both family functions are 10 minutes away from each other, I guess the little critters will get breakfast and lunch instead and have to wait till we get back.

BABY

D's niece has a cute little new bubs ..
vonny

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 02:13 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
KIA

No Kia? When? I'm so sorry - such a darling dog - I know how much she meant to you and how you cared for her when she was ill. Really sad to hear of your loss.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 03:19 pm
@vonny,
THANK YOU

I felt something was wrong a couple of weeks before our wedding, asked her to hold on! To cut a long story short, we originally thought age, a bit of dementia perhaps, but we suspect she had cancer perhaps bowl cancer, had a blood test was waiting that day for the result, she just kept pacing and pacing and in the end, we rushed her in, as she just collapsed and was dying, had her put down, horrible thing but as usual, I got to hold her on the way there and at the vet.

Still up daily at 6am 6 weeks later..

Thanks Von xx
vonny

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2015 02:24 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
LOVE

... and letting go! So hard to let go of the animals we love - remember my beautiful Harvey? I grieve for him even now, almost three years later.

But we loved them and cared for them until they drew their last breaths and grew peaceful - at least we could give them that! And we have our memories ...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 04:12 pm
@vonny,
HARVEY

So do remember our chats about Harvey and the sharing of photos Smile That's what makes it special to be able to see when you read, 3 years wow, time truly has gone fast hasn't it Von.

I'm grateful to be honest that I was there, at the end, for all of them...

CHRISTMAS

Too early to say Merry Christmas, just Smile
vonny

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 08:11 am
@FOUND SOUL,
TOMORROW

I MIGHT be here tomorrow - but if not, have a wonderfully happy Christmas - to you and to your husband (I like saying that!) - have a great time Mrs D Laughing
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 03:25 pm
@vonny,
TODAY!

Hardy, har, har, yes, my HUSBAND hehe. First Christmas, kinda cute.

Merry Christmas Von, xx Hope you have a wonderful day despite everything, it's a day to feel that love .

xx
vonny

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 03:27 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
TOMORROW

Always strange that your today is our tomorrow! Hey - no Sturgis this year - something's missing from First Word - wish he'd return! Crying or Very sad
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 03:35 pm
@vonny,
DUTCHY

I just re-read the first 5 pages when this all started and had a smile for the day, miss that little bugger, miss Sturgis as well...

Once Upon A Time!

vonny

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 03:43 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
MEMORIES

Plenty of good memories though - I wonder what the next few years will bring ... onward and upwards - as they say. Happy New Year