I'm an 19 years old girl, I'm going to Kauai island for 5 days then to maui for 5 days.

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 04:41 pm
I'm an 19 years old girl, I'm going to Kauai island for 5 days then to maui for 5 days. The problem is that I'm going alone since I was supposed to go with him but we broke up 2 weeks ago. The trip is on the 18th of december.. that's in two weeks.. I have the plane tickets but I don't want to be in the same room as his so I want to live in a different hotel. The problem is I'm scared that I will end up doing nothing there because I'm going to be alone. Also I'm scared it might be dangerous. I'm away from my family since I'm an international student, and my friends can't go because it's really expensive. So should I go or not? and if I go where can i stay? Please help me out. I dont want to stay in my town because I will be thinking of my ex and be miserable. PS my ex is going too but not with me.

jespah

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 04:59 pm
@SandraIRAQ,
You can stay in the same hotel but in a different room. They do have more than one room, yanno. And I imagine things weren't so dangerous when you booked the vacation, right? Those things have not changed. The only difference is that you are not staying with the dude.

As for what to do, sheesh, it's Hawaii. Google "Hawaiian tourism" and start reading. If nothing else, bask in the sun and read trashy novels. Or send me your ticket and I will be more than happy to not only go in your stead but I will even tell off your ex if you like. Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 07:13 pm
@SandraIRAQ,
I also say go and just stay in separate rooms. I’ve been to both Islands several times. Kauai wasn’t my favorite but Maui sure is! Take the road to Hana, it will take one full day. Most of the big resorts have travel guides and you can go with a group. When you visit Lahaina stop in Cheese Burgers In Paradise and have one for me!
roger

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 07:17 pm
@jcboy,
Please tell me they don't top their burgers with Spam.
jcboy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 07:19 pm
@roger,
hahaha not the one I had, the also have fabulous bloody marys! Wink
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 07:27 pm
@SandraIRAQ,
I went one day on the trilogy cruise to Molokini, it’s an all day event. Check it out while you’re there. It’s a must!

http://www.sailtrilogy.com/
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 12:58 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I also say go and just stay in separate rooms. I’ve been to both Islands several times. Kauai wasn’t my favorite but Maui sure is! Take the road to Hana, it will take one full day. Most of the big resorts have travel guides and you can go with a group. When you visit Lahaina stop in Cheese Burgers In Paradise and have one for me!

Strange. I live on the so-called Big Island, i.e. Hawaii itself, and my opinion would be the exact opposite of yours, jc. Maui's ok but it's damned touristy, it's not the real Hawaii. Kauai, now, has a lot of good local flavor and several things you don't find on the other island, e.g. a navigable river. Smile
jcboy

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 06:59 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Oh Kauai is beautiful but the company I was with kind of spoiled it. I had a blast on Maui! Smile
0 Replies