What is your favorite type of movie?

dan-E

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2002 08:19 pm
My alltime favorite movie is Pulp Fiction which goes to show I like cult movies. Which I like almost all of them the less commercial the better.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 23,383 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Pharon

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2002 08:22 pm
Sci-fi has always

been my # 1 books, movies and series they rule
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2002 08:49 pm
Sci-Fi are my

favorites, of all time, and constant re viewed.
Still, I enjoy Action, Thriller, Horror and Comedy as well.
Dramas are

okay if they have something else going for them to keep me interested.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 03:30 pm
Not a fan of action or horror. All the other genres, I like.
But, in the poll, what ever happened to Westerns?
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 03:31 pm
Maybe we'll find a fan of documentaries!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 06:10 pm
I suppose Westerns could be included under either Drama or Action, as could war movies.

I'm not a genrist. I don't prefer one "type" of movie over another. I try and judge a movie on its own merits. Does a drama succeed as a drama? Or, if a comedy, is it comedic?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 06:13 pm
I voted Drama but actually I would say any film that is great storytelling with a lot of style.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 04:09 pm
Like the wizard I voted drama and I like any good story. It is hard to pick on genre but I choose drama because drama often contains comedic episodes and vice versa there are comedies with sad scenes.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 06:15 pm
...I voted for drama but often find nothing beats a good documentary.......Investigative reporting is what I enjoy the most!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 06:18 pm
I like drama, but my favorite is psychological horror movies, like Psycho, and Silence of the Lambs. I don't go for the blood and guts kind of horror movies, just the very subtle ones that send a shiver up your spine!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 03:45 pm
I like the best of any genre; but my favorites are dramas, particularly those that bring on tears, preferably tears of joy, but tears of sorrow work too.
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 03:56 pm
What about 'all of the above' -- I'm a movie freak, and can't pick just one! Very strange list of favourites!

I s'pose if I had to choose-- dramas, psychological thrillers, and suspense...and definitly not anything Dumb & Dumber-ish!

Lorn
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 07:47 pm
Just about anything EXCEPT "action" movies!
Why are there so many of them?
happytaffy

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 04:05 pm
@msolga,
I love war films - Saving Private Ryan, Glory, The Deer Hunter etc. I'm psyched for Spike Lee's latest about buffalo soldiers in WWII, Miracle at St. Anna - have you guys seen the promos?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 11:48 pm
I'm an animation junkie all the way. In fact, my top two favorite films of all time are of the animated medium:
1. Spirited Away by the legendary Japanese director Hayao Miyazaki;
2. Ghost in the Shell, a truly heady (intelligent and philosophical) action film.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 12:27 am
Anything that has a decent storyline.
Lightwizard

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 01:45 pm
@KiwiChic,
Golly, this is a resurrection. Does that mean "The Smashin' of the Christ" had a good storyline?
KiwiChic

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 09:18 pm
@Lightwizard,
Never heard of it and don't care to watch it - so therefore can not comment.
My preference is what I said, how more simpler could I put it? I enjoy across the board movies whether it be drama, horror bla bla bla in 2 minutes of watching a movie, if its crap it gets turned off.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm
@Lightwizard,
http://www.omnicrola.com/linked_images/thread-resurrection.jpg
0 Replies