Reddi Wip, Cool Whip, or Heavy Whipped Cream

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:13 am
@JPB,
Until I'll get a piece of that cake this afernoon - I had a poppy seeds roll for breakfast. And two croissants Very Happy
http://broetchen-bilder.de/uploads/mohnbroetchen-b.jpghttp://www.schollin.de/new%20bread/DSCF2519.jpg
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 11:10 am
@JPB,
Quote:
I don't think I've ever had it. It's a powder in a box, right?

It is. I have never bought it. But it is because I tasted it on a dish at a friends house and just was not impressed. I am not a food snob by any means - but - ew.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 01:06 pm
@mismi,
Quote:
It is. I have never bought it. But it is because I tasted it on a dish at a friends house and just was not impres
And Cool Whip is not as good as whipped cream either, your observation is not a excuse to exclude Dream Whip from a conversation about whipped toppings....In some jello and desert recipe's I actually prefer DW over the others, but it might be only because that is what I was brough up on. Back in the 70's it was a lot cheaper than cream, and since you only use as much as you want and the powder keeps on the shelf for a long time it was even more economical. Last time I bought it a few years back I was surprised how expensive it was however.
Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 04:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't think I've ever had dream whip not familar with it. But I do remember making and having Whip and Chill when I used to work in a kitchen in a nursing home. I actually didn't mind it - better than jello.

And today I had a bit of cool whip on top of my pumpkin roll for dessert - had to after this conversation.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 04:50 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
I don't think I've ever had dream whip not familar with it. But I do remember making and having Whip and Chill when I used to work in a kitchen in a nursing home. I actually didn't mind it - better than jello.
The same product has been made by other companies....we used to serve a lot of it in the mess halls to soldiers on pie. We also mixed it with canned fruit for a pretty decent ambrosia ...by the time you put the almond flavor and coconut in it what ever off flavor the stuff has is not noticeable. The great thing about this product it that it is super stable, it can sit on pie for hours in the walking or on the line and it never changes. This is also the reason it works to well in jello recipes, next day service the product is just as it was when fresh.
0 Replies