OMG, The Feds Actually Passed on Using their Terrorist Recipe!

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 01:16 pm
Quote:
NEW YORK — Federal authorities declined to pursue a case against an “al-Qaida sympathizer” accused of wanting to bomb police stations and post offices in New York City because they believed he was mentally unstable and incapable of pulling off the alleged plot, two law enforcement officials said Monday.

New York Police Department investigators sought to get the FBI involved at least twice as their undercover investigation of Jose Pimentel unfolded, the officials said. Both times, the FBI concluded that he wasn’t a serious threat, they said.

The FBI concluded that 27-year-old Pimentel “didn’t have the predisposition or the ability to do anything on his own,” one of the officials said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ap-source-manhattan-resident-suspected-of-plotting-to-bomb-various-targets-in-nyc-arrested/2011/11/20/gIQAKpC3fN_story.html?hpid=z1

Bloomberg of course did not take a pass, and isn't it just perfect that just as he is taking heat for moving against the Occupy demonstrations that this arrest was made, as if he is trying to convince people that being a law and order jerk is actually a good thing.

Note: the terrorist recipe is as follows:

Find a loon. Act like friend of loon. Whisper in loons ear about terrorism plans. Offer to support loon in a terrorist plot. If loon says yes get them some stage props, help them to work with said props in a way that makes them look like a terrorist at work, and when they do it well enough to not get the case laughed out of court arrest them as a terrorist. Hold press conference and tell the American people that they have been saved from a diabolical terrorism plot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,308 • Replies: 4
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 10:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The suspect had little money to speak of, was unable to pay his cellphone bill and scrounged for money to buy the drill bits that court papers said he required to make his pipe bombs. Initially, he had trouble drilling the small holes that needed to be made in the metal tubes.
Related

The suspect, Jose Pimentel, according to several people briefed on the case, would seek help from a neighbor in Upper Manhattan as well as a confidential informer. That informer provided companionship and a staging area so Mr. Pimentel, a Muslim convert, could build three pipe bombs while the Intelligence Division of the New York Police Department built its case.

But it was the informer’s role, and that of his police handlers, that have now been cited as among the reasons the F.B.I., which had its own parallel investigation of Mr. Pimentel, did not pursue the case, which was announced on Sunday night in a news conference at City Hall. Terrorism cases are generally handled by federal authorities.

There was concern that the informer might have played too active a role in helping Mr. Pimentel, said several people who were briefed on the case, who all spoke on the condition of anonymity, either because of the tense relations between the Intelligence Division and the F.B.I. or because the case was continuing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/22/nyregion/for-jose-pimentel-bomb-plot-suspect-an-online-trail.html?_r=1&hp

A future "terrorist" was looking like he was being set up?....well **** me, how could that BE! *sarcasm*

Quote:
The news conference at City Hall on Sunday night was the second time in six months that Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg; his police commissioner, Raymond W. Kelly; and Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., the Manhattan district attorney, announced the break-up of what Mr. Kelly cast as a major terrorism case that federal authorities had chosen not to pursue.

In the earlier case, in May, the police and the district attorney’s office, using undercover officers, had discovered a terrorist plot in which two men were set on bombing synagogues and churches. But a grand jury declined to bring charges of second-degree conspiracy as a crime of terrorism and as a hate crime, the top charges sought against the two men, Ahmed Ferhani and Mohamed Mamdouh.

What a ******* clown Vance is, if NY'ers dont throw this bumb out of office then they need to have their heads examined.
0 Replies

captiveant6

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 11:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
I heard that one of the criteria that the government uses in monitoring suspected terrorist is what their eating habits are. Like for example, 97% of all Americans eat pizza at least once every 11 days and terrorist do not. Sucks to be in that 3% and not be a terrorist though. How would they figure that out anyways? But I think that this is something that they use to build a terrorist profile.
Ceili

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 11:30 pm
@captiveant6,
Jesus. I'm lucky if I have Pizza once a month. No wonder so many N. American's are obese...
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 11:52 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

Jesus. I'm lucky if I have Pizza once a month. No wonder so many N. American's are obese...

as an aside about a year ago I saw report of a study that claimed to be legit claiming that the one food that was found to be common in the diet of those who have a host of health problems is frozen grocery store pizza
0 Replies