What video game(s)/computer game(s) are you currently into and/or playing?

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 10:21 am
Angry Birds is so popular that they opened a Angry Birds-themed theme park in China:

http://angrybirdsaddiction.com/news/angry-birds-theme-park-opens-in-china/
http://angrybirdsaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/angry-birds-theme-park-china-460x250.jpg

Don't they look happy.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 03:17 pm
@Questioner,
Questioner wrote:
Re: wmwcjr (Post 4817627)
wmwcjr wrote:

Quote:

What video game(s)/computer game(s) are you currently into and/or playing?

None. None at all. Mr. Green

Heathen.

* wmwcjr guffaws * Smile

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 03:35 pm
@wmwcjr,
You don't play any computer or video games at all?

When I was a kid, I had an Nes- my dad used to play all the time, and he played old PC games.
wmwcjr

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 06:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
Well, during the 1980s before our two daughters were born, I did play Frogger, Ms. Pacman, and Q-bert. I especially liked Q-bert. But I never spent hours on end playing any video game like some people did (not that I knock that). In the mid-1990s my daughters started playing Sonic the Hedgehog games, which I also really enjoyed since they had a storyline and various items to find in each level. I spent a lot of time playing them until my daughters objected to a change that was made in Sonic's functions. Don't remember exactly what it was. In the early 2000s I played a video game based on John Carpenter's The Thing (actually, a sort of sequel to the movie) since I love monster movies and stories. A few years later I played some video game provided by one of those little thumb-operated doohickies that you just plug into the TV. I ended up spraining my thumb, and it took me over a year for my thumb to heal. So, no, I haven't played any video games since then. Right now I have too much to concern me.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 06:46 pm
What was the purpose of creating Wario and Waluigi?:

http://fridge.gr/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/waluigi1.jpg?9d7bd4

They are evil doppelgangers of the Mario Bros., Mario and Luigi:

http://www.fawndoo.com/diversity/tymon/images/mario-luigi.jpg

What was the point of Wario and Waluigi? Are they supposed to be archenemies or rivals? They already have an enemy in Bowser Koopa:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bc/BowsersInsideStory.png/260px-BowsersInsideStory.png
RexDraconis111

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 09:29 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
What was the purpose of creating Wario and Waluigi?:

Honestly, I'm just as confused as you are on this. I never saw the point of them. Maybe Nintendo was just trying something new? That would be my guess.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 09:34 am
@RexDraconis111,
I think they were just evil rivals- someone to compete with.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 10:00 am
@RexDraconis111,
Wario and Waluigi are supposed to be the Mario Bros.' evil cousins, as far as I know.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 02:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I have played and mastered Angry Birds Chrome:

http://chrome.angrybirds.com

The premise of the Angry Birds games is simple - some pigs stole some birds' eggs and the birds declared an all-out war on the pigs to get their eggs back.

I liked and enjoyed Angry Birds Chrome - I would like to play and beat other games in this series online. What about you?

If you go there now they have new levels you can play they added. The think I don't like is they don't let you save games. If you quit you have have to start over.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 03:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
You should play it on your PC.

some people leave the house Razz
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 03:15 pm
So... I finally started playing Skyrim on my PC. First, I had to manually edit the ini file to apparently turn down the graphics to high level. I guess it was set much higher. I was unable to use the automatic config because... never mind. Anyway, next I had to install an Xbox 360 controller emulator because by default, Skyrim PC doesn't freaking care about your other controllers. Also, I tried with the mouse and keyboard. No... just no. This was designed for a console, it needs a gamepad.
Questioner

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 03:31 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

So... I finally started playing Skyrim on my PC. First, I had to manually edit the ini file to apparently turn down the graphics to high level. I guess it was set much higher. I was unable to use the automatic config because... never mind. Anyway, next I had to install an Xbox 360 controller emulator because by default, Skyrim PC doesn't freaking care about your other controllers. Also, I tried with the mouse and keyboard. No... just no. This was designed for a console, it needs a gamepad.

BAH!

Yes, it was designed for a console. The black-hearted bastards at Bethesda pushed out what could only generously be considered a Beta version of the game to PC. However, I'll be damned if I play this game on a console!

DAMNED I SAY!

The last couple of patches have actually done wonders for the crashing and idiot bug issues that made it damn near unplayable for the first 3 - 4 weeks.
jcboy

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 05:23 pm
@Questioner,
HAHAHA I didn’t think anyone would get that. Now I will have to do a little shopping Smile
0 Replies