[answered]websites

Wilso

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 05:49 am
Is it allowable under the TOS to put a link to your own page in your profile under "Website"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,330 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 07:04 am
I asked a member to PM me their link, but it was disabled somehow by the site. Very frustrating!
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 07:26 am
Thanks so much! Smile You are a most gracious Member to be willin' to help Folks learn their way around this Site, that by the way, I LOVE IT!!! Thanks again, & have a grand day! Wink
Respectfully,
Patt Razz
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 07:37 am
In your profile?? Sure. That's what the box is there for.

If the link turns out to be a p0rn site it might get pulled though. Wink
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 07:49 am
I think a recipe site should be OK though!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 03:18 pm
Depends on the site. I suspect that the site you have in mind was blocked not because of the specific site but because of a block on teh higher level domain because it was the source of so much spam.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:21 am
As an aside (since you are referring members here) putting it in the profile and soliciting that the members click it there is still promotional spam and the thread will be pulled, the site added to spam blacklists, and the members banned just the same.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:39 am
I've given up trying to make sense of this particular rule.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:44 am
Think of it this way. In no way whatsoever are members supposed to use any method or means on this site to promote another site.

Members who do so have their post pulled, they are banned and the site is added to spam blacklists.

The premise is that this site is not a place to promote another site. The resources here are not intended for use by people wanting to use it for promotional means of any variety.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:53 am
But there are links all over the place. I can't work out when one is allowed and when it's not.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 02:23 am
Well, as long as the moderators can...
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 07:09 am
REFERRING OTHERS TO THIS SITE...
Craven de Kere wrote:
Well, as long as the moderators can...
Good Mornin'! Might I ask you this? On the Hompage where it says to refer others to this Site, (which I have done, by usin' the link provided in a New Message from my own ISP), & referring them to here, w/some information about how awesome I think this Site is, is this too against the rules? The reason I'm askin' is because I believe several of them, (all of whom I know & deal w/on a regular basis), will in fact join... Any rules against this type of referral? If so, please let me know. Smile I thank you in advance...
Respectfully,
Patt
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 07:11 am
Wilso wrote:
I think a recipe site should be OK though!
Thank you my friend! :wink:
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 07:15 am
Pegasus - There is no rule against inviting your friends. Inviting people you know is encouraged. A huge portion of our membership came from word of mouth refferrals. Whether it's by e-mail, face-to-face conversations or telephone - it's a private communictaion between two people and the site has no rules (and logically couldn't really enforce them even if we did) about what you discuss with your friends privately.

The site would frown however, upon people that went around posting links to A2K on other forums with the intent of getting their members to join A2K. Doing that would just be bad decorum. We discourage people doing that here and expect other sites would feel the same.
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 08:07 am
My Websites
Thank you so very much for easing my mind about referring via private email to Folks that I know & trust. :wink: I have not put any information concerning this Site, (no links, etc...), at my own Websites at all, & in all fairness to myself, I thought that would be too pushy, & pushy is something I really try not to be, honestly... lol Again, I sincerely thank you for straightening me out, & easing my mind... Have a grand day my friend... Smile
Respectfully,
Patt
0 Replies

PegasusPatt

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 08:38 am
NO INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS SOLICITED
Craven de Kere wrote:
As an aside (since you are referring members here) putting it in the profile and soliciting that the members click it there is still promotional spam and the thread will be pulled, the site added to spam blacklists, and the members banned just the same.

I haven't put any of this Sites links anywhere on either of the 3 of my own Websites, just private emails, telling a little bit about how great this Site is, w/the link that was provided on the Homepage here. No Spam for me, can't stand it anyway! lol Smile Thanks & have a good 'un your way!
Patt
0 Replies