Working with temp agency

JD3P

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 12:10 pm
I signed up with a temp agency in my area, and they found me a job immediately. Unfortunately the job is not in the field they made it appear to be in. I am now working in a job that is completely wrong for me. I was just curious as to whether or not telling them this would be inappropriate on my part. If it's possible I would like to ask them to continue trying to match me with a job more within my area. I do plan on staying with the position until they find another.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,758 • Replies: 4
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 12:16 pm
@JD3P,
That's only fair to both parties if you tactfully inform them of this discrepancy.
Let them know of your worries about the placement and it might be a win/win for the both of you.

You might get a more relevant job and they might get someone better suited to your position from which you are currently assigned.
JD3P

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 12:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thank you so much for the response. I am going to call them tomorrow morning and explain my concerns.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 12:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
I agree - although often times in a temp situation you may not get exactly what you would like - but handling the way you describe - talk to them and say you will stay until they find something more suitable seems appropriate.
0 Replies

JD3P

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 08:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
So I called in and explained to them that I would stay at the current position, but to keep me in mind for any other open positions in the field I wanted. He said he would "make a note of it". I assume that means he won't be really taking any action on this. I figure I'll call back in a week. I don't want to ruin any opportunities though, or annoy the recruiters anymore than I just did. He also did not sound very pleased by what I requested.
0 Replies