William Purkey, Mark Twain, and Satchel Paige are among many attributed with saying the phrase

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:52 pm
"You've gotta' dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth."

Purkey takes credit for "most" of the wording, but admits many people have said similar phrases. Which person is most likely to have started this saying?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,623 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:54 pm
@Brandi55,
Yogi Berra?

"Never answer an anonymous letter"
Brandi55

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 04:13 pm
@Rockhead,
Please do not respond; if you aren't serious. Why did it highlight and underline random words in my entry?
roger

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 04:48 pm
@Brandi55,
I would tell you if I were sure you would think I were serious.
thack45

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 05:12 pm
@roger,
Who can live with that kind of pressure? Seriously.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 05:23 pm
@Brandi55,
Brandi, I don't think you understand how things work around here. We like to have fun. Occasionally we are helpful but if you don't like enjoyable frivolity (or not so enjoyable frivolity) you won't like it here much.

The highlighting is done by an advertising service which pays money to like certain words to advertisers. Click on one of these words and you will see what I mean.

Lighten up and have some fun.

Brandi55

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 01:35 pm
@maxdancona,
I guess I do not understand how things work around "there". I will find a more helpful source to answer my questions, because i need a source that is helpful often, instead of "occasionally". Thank you for your time, answering the second part of my question> that advertisers control the highlighting option. Have fun, but please not at the expense of others, it wastes peoples' time.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 02:04 pm
@Brandi55,
Brandi55 wrote:

Please do not respond; if you aren't serious.

Were it not for the stern reply, you might well have gotten the answer you were looking for.

Anyhow, it wasn't Mark Twain or Yogi Berra. Either of them would have expressed the same thought in one line, and done it better.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 02:22 pm
@roger,
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."

(bring back the rat)
roger

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 02:24 pm
@Rockhead,
I have a good friend who has rat issues. The donkey is just too delicate for the environment.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 02:42 pm
@roger,
ahhh.

I have a muslim friend, so I never use a Mohammed avatar. I understand...
0 Replies