What color appliance for an off-white kitchen?

mfirmin

Tue 1 Nov, 2011 07:24 pm
I have an off-white french country style kitchen. I recently replaced the old bisque refridgerator with a new bisque one (opting not to get stainless) because it seems to blend in better. Now I need a new dishwasher and in the future a new stove too, so I want to make the right choice now! Should I get stainless steel or stay with bisque (current dishwasher and stove are very old.. they have a black front panel and the top of the stove is bisque). The counter is a woodgrain color.. Oh what to do!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 4,567 • Replies: 12
Topic Closed
No top replies

jcboy

Tue 1 Nov, 2011 07:28 pm
@mfirmin,
Maybe it’s just my taste but I do like stainless steel, especially with an off-white kitchen. Although black would be nice too. Photoshop a photo of your kitchen and try putting both in the picture to get an idea of what looks best to you.
fobvius

Tue 1 Nov, 2011 10:02 pm
@mfirmin,
i'd go white or stick with bisque

and accessorise in wood and metal
CalamityJane

Tue 1 Nov, 2011 10:22 pm
@fobvius,
Do you have any other color in the kitchen? Having everything off white and bisque can be a bit bland. However, if you really like this look then I'd go
with bisque.

I have a white kitchen with wood as countertops and my cabinet handles are silver metal and my appliances are stainless steel, except for an old dishwasher that's white too and I will get a stainless steel one as soon as this one breaks.
fobvius

Tue 1 Nov, 2011 10:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
i don't have a big one but i hesitate to go off colour

mine's steel black and wood

classic huh lol
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 2 Nov, 2011 12:50 pm
@jcboy,
I'd suggest the same either black or stainless steel - it really depends on what you like, but either should match.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Wed 2 Nov, 2011 01:40 pm
@mfirmin,
I love timber with white and get the difficulty of trying not to keep things all too neutral, if you don't like stainless steel, although it's a bugger to clean, it does stand out...

My kitchen is also white, stainless steel handles, timber floors, stainless steel fridge/oven... I think a kitchen should have plants, even if it's only herbs in a pot, but a way around worrying if beige is too soft / light, is to add a feature wall and unusal classic light fitting.

I painted mine above the stove and across, in a grey concrete render... and a stainless steel light fitting with around 12 tiny globes as drops... Sounds gross but people comment on it all the time... There are other ways of adding to a room, as far as colour and difference goes.
0 Replies

Nelson John

Mon 12 Mar, 2012 01:21 am
@mfirmin,
Stainless steel sounds good. I just think that you should go with this. It will give the best service and also will make your kitchen more stylish.
0 Replies

WilliamHayden

Fri 28 Sep, 2012 01:41 am
@mfirmin,
Hello Friends,

In my point of view I feel that white appliances with white kitchens look fine, much better then black with white kitchens. You say you hate getting rid of good appliances, so don't. Just get a new dishwasher. Get it in white or get a custom front that matches your cabinets.

Unlike fad colors, such as 1970s gold and avocado, white will never look dated. Straight-line cabinets with hefty hardware look solid and promise longevity.

Thanks and Regards
William Hayden
0 Replies

millerdavid786

Thu 28 Feb, 2013 11:17 pm
@mfirmin,
I will go with stainless steel......
0 Replies

jhonman11

Mon 29 Jul, 2013 10:37 pm
@mfirmin,
I think white appliances with white kitchens look fine, much better then black with white kitchens. You say you hate getting rid of good appliances, so don't. Just get a new dishwasher. Get it in white or get a custom front that matches your cabinets.
0 Replies

appliancesx

Mon 20 Oct, 2014 09:29 pm
A light creamy yellow is a great color that matches just about everything. I just painted the whole downstairs (except the kitchen) of the house a Benjamin Moore color "cream yellow" and it is absolutely a fantastic color that matches everything we already owned in the living room, the large foyer, the fireplace surround, and the dining room.
0 Replies

msWoods

Wed 19 Aug, 2015 09:57 am
@mfirmin,
I understand your reason for choosing bisque over stainless. However, my concern would be winding up with different shades of bisque. This could happen if you don't buy all the appliances from the same manufacturer. Going with stainless avoids this possibility, which is why that would be my choice.

Plus, stainless is probably the safer bet if/when it comes time to sell your home. Just my two cents.
0 Replies