digital photos to CD-R

neo

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:59 am
Is it possible to copy/burn Digital photos to CD-R? I have toms of photos on my computer (Canon Zoombrowser Ex ) i would like to have them exported from my Zoombrowser to a photo album CD. How or what is the best method to use for a cd photo album? btw, i do not have a dvd burner. thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,077 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:01 am
You don't have a DVD burner. Do you have a CD burner?
0 Replies

neo

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:08 am
yes i do
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:13 am
Should be pretty easy. You would have to format the CD for use with windows applications, which your CD burner software should have the capability of doing. Then open your photos, choose "save as" and direct them to the CD burner. There's probably a number of other ways, depending on the type of application you use to view the photos. There's possibly some sort of "export to disk" function available in your viewing software. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't have the same viewing software as you do. There's a lot of different types.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:14 am
Get kodak easyshare from their website - it is a great software to create photo albums.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:21 am
Got a link G? I could probably use that myself.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:31 am
Dont remember offhand - but go to www.kodak.com - and look for easyshare
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:49 am
Found it!

Kodak Easyshare Software for Windows
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 06:53 am
It takes an awful long time to download.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 07:01 am
That is surprising !!! I have boradband and it got downloaded pretty fast as far as I can remember !!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 07:02 am
I don't have broadband and it took ages.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 07:53 am
Bookmark
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 09:08 am
what kind of burning software do you have for your cd burner? What the heck is Zoombrowser? I never got that with my Canon.
I just usually make data CD's with photo's.
Another thing I usually do is store all pictures in a directory by data.
If I have a special project then I also group those in a directory with a project name. (since mid-October, I've maybe taken 500 pictures - and prolly or almost all are over 1meg each in size).

WIth your cd burn and the proper software you can create a VCD that may play in your DVD player depending on it's options.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 10:41 am
1) a cd "photo album" implied software to display the photo. Said software would either have to run off CD or be installed on any machine that will be used to display the pics. Usually a solution like that is very proprietary.

2) Windows has a slideshow feature. So you can simply burn the images themselves onto the CD and use windows slideshow features to display them.
0 Replies

neo

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:20 pm
Good point craven, let me explain a bit, as it was late last night when i post. Zoombrowser ex is a photo software provided to view/organize photos. It came with my digital camera (Canon Photoshot G1). Im trying to avoid using this because it's a large install on my Hard drive and it appears that as i import new photos it (computer) gets slower. Hence the reason why i'm chosing the "burn to cd-r or cd-rw" route. I want to be able to organize/categorize my photos eg. "Family", "hobbies" etc. This option is not a "must". i'd be happy if i can just copy full size photos to disc. It will also be a plus to view then on a dvd player. The Cd burning software i'm using is ROXIO EASY CD CREATOR 5. thank you all for your response.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:26 pm
neo,

I am not familiar with the software you use.

But there has to be a way to transfer plain image files to your computer.

What I would do is simply record those plain image files on the CD. In windows XP you can just drag them to the CD, it sounds like the software packages you use are throwing useless bells and whistles your way.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 02:58 pm
As a side note - the Kodak EasyShare software has spyware built into it. I have a Kodak Digital camera and had major problems with the software and that was one of the main reasons I ended up reformatting my entire system. You can't uninstall the spyware and if you try to it totally screws up the Windows add/remove software applet.

For anyone that has a Kodak camera I'd suggest NOT installing their software. If you have Win2000 or XP you can just connect the camera to your PC and the PC will see the camera memory as another drive. You can drag and drop your images from that drive to any other if you want to store them on your PC.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 03:01 pm
Roxio show be able to burn you a VCD now the only question will be does it work with your DVD? Not all DVDs are created equal.
0 Replies

neo

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 03:05 pm
yes it will husker, my dvd reads vcds. thank you all.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 06:53 pm
Microsoft offers a free utility to create a CD photo album. It's one of their Powertoys for Windows XP.
0 Replies