Why do you suppose Jesus never condemned slavery?

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 05:54 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I don't think you understand RL...no one is making any harsh claims about the videos you link...or claiming that they are not worthwhile...others are asking you to explain what you personally find worthy, so that they can discuss your positions with you...and exp;lain theirs...and are willing to engage you, and the videos you post...they can not have a discussion with anything that anyone in those video, and explain their own positions...and they can not explain how they agree or disagree with someone that is not presently here, simply in a video feed...

Thank you as always, I find you to be an intellectual regardless if I disagree with you at times.

We are all so different than one another and have been evolving for quite some time, but I will be honest about my understanding of reality and it is, "just as some may think that an LP is better than an 8 tract and others may think that a cassette is better than an 8 tract we still have others that see mp3's insufficient and with a really good cause but are we ever going to advanced past written literature as long as there are some who are video and audio biased? "illiterate"
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 06:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
My point is that I cannot answer anything said in the video. If you think there is anything worth sharing in the video...share it. Then I can answer or respond to you.

I did share it Frank, "I shared the whole ten minute video with you.
I was not meaning to waist your time but rather share a video with others that is shorter than a game of golf that is less than three holes long.

Don't worry about it Frank because you would find it as boring as playing three holes of golf. Rolling Eyes

Just do not like videos, RL. If you want to say something about whatever tickled your fancy in this one...do so. I will comment on whatever you share.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 06:30 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Quote:
I did share it Frank, "I shared the whole ten minute video with you.
I was not meaning to waist your time but rather share a video with others that is shorter than a game of golf that is less than three holes long.

Don't worry about it Frank because you would find it as boring as playing three holes of golf.

I don't think you understand RL...no one is making any harsh claims about the videos you link...or claiming that they are not worthwhile...others are asking you to explain what you personally find worthy, so that they can discuss your positions with you...and exp;lain theirs...and are willing to engage you, and the videos you post...they can not have a discussion with anything that anyone in those video claims, because the individuals in the videos are not physically present...So no one can explain how they agree or disagree with someone that is not presently here, simply in a video feed...but only your interpretation of the video itself...as well as their own...

Quite so, SpadeMaster. Good to see you back.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 06:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Just do not like videos, RL. If you want to say something about whatever tickled your fancy in this one...do so. I will comment on whatever you share.

I can relate with you to a degree Frank, If you were to share an 8 track with me I may also find it boring.

Fil Albuquerque shared this video with me and others and I do have to admit that it is over my head a bit but I am still thankful that he shared it. Very Happy

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 06:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

I can relate with you to a degree Frank, If you were to share an 8 track with me I may also find it boring.

Even if it were of the Moody Blues????

Quote:
Fil Albuquerque shared this video with me and others and I do have to admit that it is over my head a bit but I am still thankful that he shared it. Very Happy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tB1jppI3fo[/youtube]

I'd comment on it, but I don't watch videos offered in these threads. If you want to tell me what you enjoyed about it, I'd be willing to discuss your thoughts on it with you.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 07:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Quite so, SpadeMaster. Good to see you back.

Thank you Frank...I am always here...even if not participating...

I am glad that you have never left! Wink...Very Happy
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 03:01 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I'd comment on it, but I don't watch videos offered in these threads. If you want to tell me what you enjoyed about it, I'd be willing to discuss your thoughts on it with you.

That will never happen. RL once spent three entire pages of a thread telling me to watch a video by David Icke. He would not, because he could not, summarise the content into a few words. All he kept saying was just watch the video.

A goldfish has a greater chance of flying the next mission to Mars.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 07:18 pm
@izzythepush,

Quote:

Would you care to share with us all who or what it was "that was a living life form and flew the first mission to mars?

Quote:
That will never happen. RL once spent three entire pages of a thread telling me to watch a video by David Icke. He would not, because he could not, summarise the content into a few words. All he kept saying was just watch the video.

That is cool, Why do you suppose Jesus never condemned slavery?
spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 03:43 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

Because His Kingdom was not of this world.

He condemned fornication and as all inequalities are due to fornication He condemned the lot. He said do as you would be done to. Isn't that condemning slavery? He said love your neighbour. Isn't that condemning slavery?

What are your qualifications to justify you talking about Jesus in that infantile manner? It's laughable that jumped up little, no account, suburban squirts whose egos have been overexcited by easy exams should feel they have anything significant to say on such matters.

Who is the spokesperson for atheism we might ask the question of?
Olivier5

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 05:21 am
@spendius,
Quote:
He said love your neighbour. Isn't that condemning slavery?

Not really.

Slavery is a perfect state to be in, as a Christian, since it's all about serving others.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:01 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:

Because His Kingdom was not of this world.

Jesus H. Christ...are you really trying to sell the notion that a person has to have a Kingdom of this world in order to condemn slavery?

Quote:
He condemned fornication and as all inequalities are due to fornication

Mostly for people with sexual hangups like you.

Quote:
He condemned the lot. He said do as you would be done to. Isn't that condemning slavery? He said love your neighbour. Isn't that condemning slavery?

Nope. He also said he was not here to change the law...and the law says there is nothing wrong with slavery.

So...why did he not condemn slavery?

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . Nope. He also said he was not here to change the law . . .
Let's get this one small point straight, Frank. Jesus said "“Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill . . ." (Matthew 5:17)

You see, Frank, the purpose of the law was to point the way to the Christ. As Paul said: "Consequently the Law has become our tutor leading to Christ, that we might be declared righteous due to faith. 25 But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a tutor." (Galatians 3:24,25)

The law remains. Our obligation to it has ceased and been replaced by the law stated here: "“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38  This is the greatest and first commandment. 39  The second, like it, is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40) (Emphasis mine)

Try to adjust your thinking, Frank. I know it may hurt; but it will do wonders for your disposition.
neologist

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . I don't watch videos offered in these threads. If you want to tell me what you enjoyed about it, I'd be willing to discuss your thoughts on it with you.
Amen to that, Frank. Usually, the video is used as a pathetic attempt to bolster a weak argument.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:42 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . Nope. He also said he was not here to change the law . . .
Let's get this one small point straight, Frank. Jesus said "“Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill . . ." (Matthew 5:17)

You see, Frank, the purpose of the law was to point the way to the Christ. As Paul said: "Consequently the Law has become our tutor leading to Christ, that we might be declared righteous due to faith. 25 But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a tutor." (Galatians 3:24,25)

The law remains. Our obligation to it has ceased and been replaced by the law stated here: "“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38  This is the greatest and first commandment. 39  The second, like it, is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40) (Emphasis mine)

Try to adjust your thinking, Frank. I know it may hurt; but it will do wonders for your disposition.

Let's just get this small point even straighter, Neo.

The full quote is:

Quote:
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not to abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you; UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, not the smallest letter of the law, not the smallest part of a letter shall be done away with until it all comes true." Matthew 5:17ff

Unless the Earth has passed away...the law survives as written.

You can accept what Jesus said about this...or disregard it in favor of what Paul said.

You tell me which you choose.
neologist

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 10:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . .
You can accept what Jesus said about this...or disregard it in favor of what Paul said.

No choice necessary. Paul agrees with Jesus.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 10:39 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
. . .

No choice necessary. Paul agrees with Jesus.

Does he??? Or is that something you are simply asserting because the difference between the two is uncomfortable for you to accept.

Jesus says nothing in the law changes until Heaven and Earth are ended.

Paul says damn near everything changes because of Jesus.

If it makes you too uncomfortable, Neo...just let it go. But if you are going to try to sell the idea that Paul agrees with Jesus...you are selling snake oil.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 10:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
By the way, Neo...why do you suppose Jesus never condemned slavery?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 01:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I see the bible as an inspired whole.
So did the Psalmist (Psalms 119:3)
So did Jesus who repeated the Psalms (John 17:17)
And so did Paul. (2Timthy 3:16)

Peter, on this occasion gave one good reason: "Owing to this many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him. 67 Therefore Jesus said to the twelve: “YOU do not want to go also, do YOU?” 68 Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life . . . (John 6:66-68)

The bible is not easy for intellectuals to understand, Frank.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 01:13 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I see the bible as an inspired whole.
So did the Psalmist (Psalms 119:3)
So did Jesus who repeated the Psalms (John 17:17)
And so did Paul. (2Timthy 3:16)

Peter, on this occasion gave one good reason: "Owing to this many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him. 67 Therefore Jesus said to the twelve: “YOU do not want to go also, do YOU?” 68 Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life . . . (John 6:66-68)

The bible is not easy for intellectuals to understand, Frank.

I see what you mean, Neo. But I suspect you may have misunderstood my question. Allow me to re-word it:

Why do YOU suppose Jesus (the Messiah) NEVER condemned (spoke out against) slavery (the ownership of humans by other humans)?
spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 01:15 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

No chance of that neo. Apisa fondly believes, in order to give himself a pat on the back, that he countered my statement about fornication by claiming I have sexual hang-ups. Which I do. I don't think I could stand on a table at a Mother's Union meeting and wank into a wine-glass to demonstrate how it is managed. And Diogenes for one certainly could. I had a cloistered upbringing.

But how that answers the statement I'll leave you to guess.

I know his game and it matters to him. It matters to him a very great deal. I will explain the trick he is pulling on A2K soon.

Although I accept he will declare it nonsense thanks to my acute foresight.