Why do you suppose Jesus never condemned slavery?

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 01:20 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
Try to adjust your thinking, Frank. I know it may hurt; but it will do wonders for your disposition.

No chance of that neo. Apisa fondly believes, in order to give himself a pat on the back, that he countered my statement about fornication by claiming I have sexual hang-ups. Which I do. I don't think I could stand on a table at a Mother's Union meeting and wank into a wine-glass to demonstrate how it is managed. And Diogenes for one certainly could. I had a cloistered upbringing.

But how that answers the statement I'll leave you to guess.

I know his game and it matters to him. It matters to him a very great deal. I will explain the trick he is pulling on A2K soon.

Although I accept he will declare it nonsense thanks to my acute foresight.

Spendius...thank you for continuing to be obsessed with me. You send so many interesting questions my way...and then "do that thing you do" with my responses...and you mention me so often in so many posts to other people.

I am honored that you are so obsessed with me...even if it seems to move you in a decidedly negative direction.

Hey, I am here for you.

Sorry to hear about your "acute foreskin!" There are salves! Give 'em a try.

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 01:22 pm
@spendius,
I wait with bated breath.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 01:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Are you conceding the point on the law, Frank? I'll need to know that before I can answer your question.
spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 01:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Unless the Earth has passed away...the law survives as written.

Sure it does. What Jesus mean by the law is not what you think it is. Just as what was meant by fornication in the Bible is not too. And the same with slavery.

Jesus was the first scientist of dynamic space to which we owe all we have.

That is not the explanation of Apisa's trick btw. Which relates to his arrogance in respect of A2Kers. It's a social trick. A gross impoliteness. On two levels. On three if he was in your face with it in a pub at closing time.
spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 01:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You could be a ******* turnip for all I care. I'm dealing with a published argument. And if a turnip published stuff like that I would interested, hardly obsessed seeing as I have been on the lounger in the garden most of the day and have only just come in what with the sun heading your way in a westerly direction. I'm doing you the honour of trying to squeeze you in before my bath is ready.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 02:03 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
Unless the Earth has passed away...the law survives as written.

Sure it does. What Jesus mean by the law is not what you think it is. Just as what was meant by fornication in the Bible is not too. And the same with slavery.

Jesus was the first scientist of dynamic space to which we owe all we have.

That is not the explanation of Apisa's trick btw. Which relates to his arrogance in respect of A2Kers. It's a social trick. A gross impoliteness. On two levels. On three if he was in your face with it in a pub at closing time.

WAJOYA!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 02:04 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

You could be a ******* turnip for all I care. I'm dealing with a published argument. And if a turnip published stuff like that I would interested, hardly obsessed seeing as I have been on the lounger in the garden most of the day and have only just come in what with the sun heading your way in a westerly direction. I'm doing you the honour of trying to squeeze you in before my bath is ready.

I suspect you are squeezing something, Spendius...but that is not moi.

Maybe it is a worm.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 02:38 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
What are your qualifications to justify you talking about Jesus in that infantile manner?

It is because I am the least among you spendius.

I have very few objections to the moral philosophy taught by Jesus but there are some issues that should be addressed.

Quote:
Who is the spokesperson for atheism we might ask the question of?

There are multitudes just as there for theism. One of my favorites is Aronra
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 02:44 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Our obligation to it has ceased and been replaced by the law stated here: "“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38  This is the greatest and first commandment. 39  The second, like it, is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40  On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40) (Emphasis mine)

I think that what we have here is evolution in church teachings. This is where the ten commandments changed. We are privileged to see what they use to be if we care enough to research it for ourselves. The bible is good about keeping some religious history. Cool
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 02:50 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Are you conceding the point on the law, Frank? I'll need to know that before I can answer your question.

I most assuredly am not condeding the point on the law, Neo.

Why not answer the question?
spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 03:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Of course it isn't you you silly moo. You don't seriously think I would waste my time on you do you? You don't do you?

I address the world through the good offices of A2K. You provide a springboard--that's all. The lowest one. Get any higher a book is required and the top board requires one that few can understand bearing in mind the obfustications necessary to carry it out in public discourse.

Anybody would do. Many have filled the role.

I hope none of them thought I was trying to persuade them to alter their opinions. What a completely idiotic thing to do that would be. One might as well tup the Taj Mahal.

One somersault with twist is all gravity allows me to perform off a springboard set this low.
spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 03:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
There are multitudes just as there for theism. One of my favorites is Aronra

Do you expect to get away with that rl? Really? The question is about Jesus at the time he lived.

This is what wiki has for your man--

Quote:
AronRa's videos focus on the scientific evidence for evolution, normally avoiding the theological discussion.

He's having a free ride just as you are. Avoiding the theology is like the smooth-talking seducer who chickens at the bedroom door.

Is it fair to ask a question of Jesus which you can't ask anybody else? That's recognising the importance of Jesus.

For sure the atheists in Jesus's time didn't condemn whatever it was they meant by slavery.

Do you think, using reasoning logic, you can define "ownership" without reference to social norms? From an evolutionary point of view.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 03:31 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:

Of course it isn't you you silly moo. You don't seriously think I would waste my time on you do you? You don't do you?

Oh...I am almost positive you would waste your time on me. In fact, you do it often.

And as for "squeezing" ole chap, you were the one who wrote: "I'm doing you the honour of trying to squeeze you in before my bath is ready."

I was merely calling attention to the fact that the thing (worm) you were squeezing...what not moi!

I love that "silly moo" bit, Spendius. You are so predictable.
neologist

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 05:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:

Are you not conceding because you do not understand; or are you worried that I will use your understanding to launch the answer to your question on slavery?

Your confirmation bias is showing.
spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 05:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Silly moos are nothing if not predictable.

You haven't the faintest idea what my next post will be about.

You're just MYOEP again.
spendius

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 05:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

You're pretty predictable with that one. I will refrain from the "I have no evidence.....".
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 05:28 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

You seen that too?

Are you able to see your own? Idea
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 05:35 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:

Are you not conceding because you do not understand; or are you worried that I will use your understanding to launch the answer to your question on slavery?

I am not conceding the point...because I do not see the point having been made.

Why do you suppose Jesus never condemned slavery?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 05:36 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Silly moos are nothing if not predictable.

You haven't the faintest idea what my next post will be about.

You're just MYOEP again.

YAOOTBAHIEK!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 06:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
I wrote:

You seen that too?

Are you able to see your own? Idea
It is a Christian's responsibility: