Company is not paying money

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 06:26 pm

I do software consulting and I'm in Massachusetts area. I did some work for an out of state company that is in Texas. They paid some amount but did not pay the rest. So, they still owe couple of thousand dollars. They accepted to pay at one point of time, now they are denying. It’s been couple of months. If I hire a lawyer, it won't be cost effective for this much money. I thought about small claims court but since it’s an out of state entity, I believe I need to file in their state which again won't be cost effective either for this amount of money since I’ll have to travel over there when the court gives date.
Can someone suggest what my options at this point of time are? I have all the proof through email correspondence that they owe me money.

  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,963 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 06:44 pm
The country is crawling with bill collectors. They will take a large to huge percentage, but better than nothing. You will need to document your case, of course.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Company is not paying money
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/17/2024 at 03:53:28