Stainless steel mesh bonding to mild steel plate

kmeyer

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 04:34 am
I want tn know how to permanently bond/weld a 25 micron stainless steel mesh to a mild steel frame?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,120 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Fido

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 06:18 am
@kmeyer,
Me too...

That is some small stuff you are talking of, and if the material were larger I would use a good stainless welding rod... I am guessing some press/tack welding process would work with a powder flux...There is not enough information, really... How thick is the mild steel, how large is the whole structure, what are the applications/forces it will have to survive, etc.. Is sandwiching it a possibility???
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 04:54 pm
@kmeyer,
You are talking about the tch they use to make fine well screens. Id contact UOP Johnson and see if anyone there can give advice. I use these fine screens and they are mild steel frames with 416 stainless mesh Usually 100 microns at the small end , up to 20 slot at the upper end. I have no ide how they are tck welded but I always thought that it was by a method where the steel frame was the anode and the mesh was the cathode and it just fused by arcing. I dont really know though.
roger

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 06:49 pm
@farmerman,
Maybe it's just a simple soldering operation.
Fido

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 07:22 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Maybe it's just a simple soldering operation.
Only silver solder will bond to stainless... To my understanding...
roger

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 11:09 pm
@Fido,
You could be right, and maybe the higher temps involved in silver soldering wouldn't work here.
0 Replies

north liu

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 06:30 pm
hello ,i am sorry i couldn't answer you question .do you know some websites about steel mareket and iron ore market?thanks
0 Replies