SKIN COLOR,Genetics

santos1

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 09:40 pm
I am a fair skinned african man, two years ago i had my first child with a very black African lady and the baby a girl came out more fair skinned that i am.
I finally got married to a white Asian lady and we have a son but what worries me is that the boy's skin is BLACK which keeps me wondering if he really is my child because my family are all fair skinned and have fair skinned children.
Is there any possibility that i can give birth to a pure black child with a white Asian woman?I heard only men with strong Black Genes can have a pure black baby with a white woman. Need i mention my father has pure black skin but my mother's genes were stronger because all of us came out fair skinned and my sisters all have very black husbands but still have fair skinned kids.
I am Black and have no problem with the skin color but i just don't want to raise another man's kid.

Santos

View best answer, chosen by santos1
Ceili

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2011 11:27 pm
@santos1,
This could absolutely be your child. We all carry recessive and dominant genes. There is a black and white couple in England that have two sets of twins. A child from each set is black and while the other looks white in appearance.
I know that I have some Norwegian blood in me, somewhere, because many members of my family suffer from a genetic disease. I can trace my ancestry on both sides for many centuries, with none of them having ever stepped on Scandinavian soil. Genes are funny things, sometimes they get tripped frequently and in other instances they skip generations.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 05:19 am
Your baby boy has the skintone of your father.

You see that, right?

Joe(hug that baby)Nation
santos1

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 06:42 am
@Joe Nation,
So you actually mean i can have kids my Dad's color? what if i opt for a Paternal DNA test? would that be the answer at least to clear my doubts?
santos1

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 06:46 am
@Ceili,
There you go...COULD? so there's still a probability that the child ain't mine...Thanks for your help.
0 Replies

Joe Nation
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 07:24 am
@santos1,
Of course you can have children with the skin-tone of your father.

Read what you wrote yourself:
Quote:
I finally got married to a white Asian lady and we have a son but what worries me is that the boy's skin is BLACK which keeps me wondering if he really is my child because my family are all fair skinned and have fair skinned children.

Is there any possibility that i can give birth to a pure black child with a white Asian woman? I heard only men with strong Black Genes can have a pure black baby with a white woman. Need i mention my father has pure black skin but my mother's genes were stronger because all of us came out fair skinned and my sisters all have very black husbands but still have fair skinned kids.

See? First you say everybody in your family is fair-skinned, but that's not so. You slip in the part about your dad being 'pure black'.

ahem, that changes everything. You carry both your mother's genes and your father's.

By your own testimony, you say that the WOMEN in your family (your mother and your sisters) all have fair skinned children.

But you are not a woman. Males carry different sets of genes.

You heard that only men with "strong black genes" can have a pure black baby.....? That's you, my brother. Well, sort of, it's much more complicated than that. There is no such thing as "strong black genes."

There are numerous genes involved in the process, not a pair or two.

But from what you yourself have said : there's a very good chance that you and any woman will have more children who look like your dad.

And, it's just as likely (genetically speaking) that some of your children will look like your mom and your sisters.

I would suggest that you take time to read the science on genetics before doubting the paternity of your child.

Meanwhile, hug that baby. Kiss your lady. And try to see further than the tips of your fingers.

Joe(Be a good dad. )Nation

Miller

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:01 am
Quote:
men with strong Black Genes

This is almost a meaningless statement in terms of molecular biology.

Black parents who've had twins have on at least 2 occassions had one baby be white and the other be black at birth. What will happen to the children's skin color as they age is however anyone's guess.
0 Replies

santos1

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:17 am
@Joe Nation,
Thanks Joe, I think i'll settle with your Answer...You'll make a good Dad...God Bless...
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:34 am
@Ceili,
I am curious about what genetic defect the Norwegians have and the rest of the Scandinavians don´t have.
You don´t have to have been in Norway to have Norwegian blood in your veins - afterall the Norwegians sailed the seven seas and certainly planted their off spring in many places.
Ceili

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:42 am
@saab,
Dupuytren’s disease. Thanks for the lesson in genetics...
Obviously.
So, you've basically made my point. You are of African descent and you're surprised you have a black child. Will the wonders never cease...
santos1

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 09:03 am
@Ceili,
Haha!!! sounds silly right? Just wanted opinions to help soothe my disturbed mind...Many people who meet me for the first time never think i'm of African descent...
chai2

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 09:20 am
@santos1,
santos1 wrote:

Haha!!! sounds silly right? Just wanted opinions to help soothe my disturbed mind...Many people who meet me for the first time never think i'm of African descent...

Sounds like your troubled mind is a result of you not trusting the faithfulness of your wife.

She must feel really great about your thinking she was stepping out on you.
saab

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 09:31 am
@Ceili,
Thank you for your info
I got some more information about the desease over internet. According to my infor it is not only Norwefians but Scandinavians in general and northern Europens,
Ceili

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 01:16 pm
@saab,
I believe they have traced the disease to one tiny village in Norway. Regardless, it goes to show how powerful genetics are. I can trace my family in England almost 1000 years. No Vikings in the mix, but they are somewhere...
saab

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 05:00 am
@Ceili,
You are really lucky, who can trace your family that far back. That is very unusual.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 06:26 am
@Ceili,
I'm sure you know that 1000 years ago is precisely when the Scandinavians were at their height of power. They invaded England in the 8oo's CE and defeated every single English kingdom, ending up controlling most of the Eastern and Northern part of the island.

Danelaw : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danelaw

So there would have been plenty of Danes and Norwegians around to knoodle their way into your lineage.

Joe(I think that's a good Scandanavian word.)Nation
Ceili

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 08:20 am
@Joe Nation,
That was my point Joe. If a disease could potentially be traveling around my blood line with not a viking to be seen for 1000 years, I think it's entirely possible for a light skinned african to have a a black baby.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 09:04 am
@Ceili,
Oh, you meant that it's been a 1000 years since your relations had, er, relations with the Vikings, yet the genetic condition still shows up.

Joe(got it)Nation
saab

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 09:11 am
@Ceili,
A Viking does not have to be a Norwegian - it can also be a Dane or a Swede.
Dupuytren’s disease can be found in northern Europeans, which does not mean it is only Norwegians - your family could have gotten this desease much later and from some other European.
It is not even proven it comes from a Norwegian village.
Ceili

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 09:22 am
@Joe Nation,
You know how rumours spread... Family lore has it that a fair, young, virginal rose got lost in the Yorkshire bluffs, only to come across a marauding viking named Alfgeir. Her name is lost in time, as is often the case. He of course swept her off her feet, molested her and left her with child and no support and no roof either, because that's what they do, they set fire to the thatch and they take the loot and sail away.
Those damn Vikings.. The blueprint for dead beat dads everywhere.