Can you burn a video that appears on a web site?

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 04:16 am
I would like to copy a video that appears on a web site to a CD, is this possible ?, if it is possible how would I go about doing this. The lady that I would like to see the video is housebound without internet connection. I am still learning about computers so if it is too complex I won't worry about it. Any other ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,299 • Replies: 5
No top replies

BredyHeron

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 08:01 am
@Curley54,
Collect and watch your favourite high-quality video downloads on TV by transferring to DVD.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 08:39 am
@Curley54,
Curley54 wrote:

I would like to copy a video that appears on a web site to a CD, is this possible ?, if it is possible how would I go about doing this. The lady that I would like to see the video is housebound without internet connection. I am still learning about computers so if it is too complex I won't worry about it. Any other ideas?

I don't think you can do it directly with one step. You would need to "rip" the video from it's source or be allowed to save the video file to your computer. If you are not allowed to save the video to your hard drive directly then you will need a piece of software to do that. Then once you have it saved to your computer you can then burn it to disk. The only other concern is that the format is something that the user can utilize from the disk.
Curley54

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 08:15 pm
@Krumple,
Thank you Krumple for your information, I will try to do what you suggested but as I said I am no computer wiz. Will let you know if it works or not.

Best regards Curley54
0 Replies

ChaunceyMcD

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 02:55 am
@Curley54,
Hi. If it is an embedded video, like a YouTube, style video, you can obtain free software that downloads the video for you automatically. It will download it as a flash (flv) file. You would need to get a video convertor and change the file from flv to avi/mpeg file format etc.. After that, simply burn the avi/mpeg file type onto a DVD-R disc or even a CD-R/CD-RW disc.
Curley54

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 09:58 pm
@ChaunceyMcD,
Thank you so much for your help I will certainly try this.
Regards
Curley54
0 Replies