There Oughta Be A Law Against That

wayne

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 02:05 am
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/29/3175934/judge-lets-kansas-abortion-law.html

Leaving aside the abortion issue, there are a lot of things about this that really piss me off !
Where on earth did our lawmakers get the idea they can dictate the electives an insurance company can provide for.
This is some really slimy crap imo.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,208 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:10 am
@wayne,
Odd, isn't it? There is new federal legislation requiring insurance to cover birth control. They're pulling in opposite directions, more or less, and if they didn't both involve governments it sounds much like Interference with Contract.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 10:48 am
@wayne,
welcome to Kansas.

we suck...
parados

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 10:56 am
@wayne,

The law hasn't been ruled on yet. This was just about blocking the law until the courts can rule on it. The court decided the law could be implemented for now. The law can still be thrown out later.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 12:50 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

welcome to Kansas.

we suck...

Is that why you long for the Wonderful Wizard of Oz?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 12:57 pm
@wayne,
wayne wrote:
Where on earth did our lawmakers get the idea they can dictate the electives an insurance company can provide for.

Insurance is a highly regulated industry, and states are continually telling insurance companies what they must and must not offer in their policies. That being said, I don't think I've ever seen a state tell health insurers that they cannot offer coverage for a medical procedure that is legal.
parados

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 05:59 pm
@joefromchicago,
I guess it pays for the drug companies to have more lobbyists than abortion doctors. Otherwise politicians might be telling insurance companies they can't cover that little blue pill.

Oh.. wait.. most politicians are older men...

Never mind.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 12:44 am
@joefromchicago,
One of the excuses they used was that other persons were incurring the cost of a procedure they felt to be immoral.
That seems like a dangerous precedent to set, considering a procedure which is legal.
0 Replies