missing

Challie

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 10:53 am
I have a problem printing pages from internet sites,
the pages print out OK, but the last word at the end of each line on the right hand side of the page is missing! any ideas?
Challie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 971 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Miller

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 11:40 am
Postion of paper in printer?
0 Replies

trixabell

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:44 am
cut and paste into a word document
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:51 am
Missing
Quite often this is not the fault of your printer, but of the design of the site. I asked a similar question some time ago, and was told that website designers don't necessarily take this problem into consideration. Rolling Eyes

Have you tried printing in landscape orientation? Frankly, though, I think it's the site itself.

I have sometimes been able to solve the difficulty by selecting the entire page and copying it into Word. Then you can print from Word, and if you don't want to waste ink on pictures, etc, you can delete them before printing.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:17 am
Tomkitten's recommendation to print in landscape orientation is a good one, as it'll show you whether it's an issue with that particular site's design or some other problem.

...Copying & pasting my responce from the other thread:

Web site resolutions are very often not designed with print in mind. Sites with a "liquid" design (where the the layout always expands or shrinks to fill the full screen -- such as Able2Know or Google News) should always print fine though.

There is, however, a simple solution to printing those sites where characters on the right get cut off: Use a different browser. Netscape, Opera & Mozilla all have an option to shrink the page's width to fit your paper size.

One thing that would help a little bit when printing from Internet Explorer is going to 'File>Page Setup' and setting the right/left margins to 0.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:24 am
Re: Missing
Tomkitten wrote:
I asked a similar question some time ago, and was told that website designers don't necessarily take this problem into consideration. Rolling Eyes

Many times it is considered, but narrow websites look ugly on screen.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:25 am
Some websites will have a "printer-friendly" version of their articles. You could look for that option near the top or bottom of the page.
0 Replies

Challie

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:50 am
Thanks everyone
Now I've got something to work on
Regards
Challie
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:18 pm
Missing
Monger - Thanks for reminding me about File>Page>Setup. I knew there was an IE approach, but couldn't for the life of me remember what it was. Someone suggested it to me in an earlier thread; I used it, and found that it was so effective that I never needed to do it again, so put it on the very backmost burner, I guess.
0 Replies

Challie

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 05:02 am
Yo Monger
file>page>setup worked for me to
Thanks
Challie
0 Replies