There is still hope to break the “light barreer”:
* According to Special Reltivity Theory, everything, the resting mass of which is not equal to “0″, becomes heavier and heavier, its mass increasing up to infinity, the more closer to light velocity it were accelerated.
* This is nonsense! Because in the nature there does not exist any function that really goes to infinity. All “goes-to-infinity functions” of anything break down (earlier or later) at very hight values, but nevertheless nothing “infinite”!
* I expect that the Real Special Relativity Theory also behaves so.
Matter, accelerated more and more, once will reach light velocity, having very high but not “infinite” mass.
* Accelarating such matter, at light velocity, even more it will superate the light velocity and simply disappear, like in Science Fiction, because nothing at higher velocity than light can stay in our universe, because of Relativty Theory. Such matter will break the barreer of our universe and escape from it. Where to go ? I don’t know.
* Let’s have a try in a particle accelerator, using electrons, because their resting mass is about 1,800 times lower than that of a proton. We’ll accelerate and accelerate and suddenly there iso no electron any more. Where did it got to ? Don’t know, but we succeeded.
*How much energy we’ll need ? I expect, when electron, because of its increasing mass, becomes its own Black Hole, able to break the barreer of our universe, will be sufficient. Note: not even mass increases and time slows down, near to light velocity, but the space dimensions of any object become smaller and smaller, making the object more and more compact. This will help us to transform the electron into a black hole.
* Risks ? I do not think that there are. I expect that such tiny black holes will be unstable in our universe and vanish from it, before spoiling anything on our planet.
If my theory were somehow infantile, this is, because I am a simple Ph.D in Chemistry, not in Theoretical and Quantum Physics.