Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 03:40 am
Can anyone explain to me about the transpeptidase enzyme and its inhibition ??? and explain about the transpeptidase cross-linking and penicillin inhibition. Thanks Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,043 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Fido

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 05:39 am
@Pleasure Seow,
Pleasure Seow wrote:

Can anyone explain to me about the transpeptidase enzyme and its inhibition ??? and explain about the transpeptidase cross-linking and penicillin inhibition. Thanks Smile
To ask the question shows you must already know much on the subject and perhaps more than most, if not all of your readers... Do you sense now how people without either the question or the answer must rely upon God to explain all reality...What choice have they, especially... Will you ever have the answer???. Will you not always find an answer that is simply a question in play clothes??? Don't take me wrong... Such an interplay of inquisition and organization, of imagination and investigation cannot but be joy pure and simple...What does it matter when life is long and gone whether we spend our time as imagination in want of knowledge, or knowledge in want of imagination???. Can we find some element that will a little still the hands of time, and keep execrable age from taking our bones and making of this self quite another??? What we want -we dare not whisper, and it is that we most endanger in our quest for immortality...
roger

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 11:13 am
@Fido,
Apparantly, you see this as a philosophy discussion Fido. Looks like the OP tagged it as science, though.
Fido

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 06:53 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Apparantly, you see this as a philosophy discussion Fido. Looks like the OP tagged it as science, though.
Philosophy is not haphazzard... Philosophy is clearly the scientific approach to life... What most see as madness, and without form philosophy sees as methodical, with form uncertain, or undertermined, or undefined; but never formless...There is no line between science and philosophy as there is between philosophy and theology... I will always say that to form the question one must have some grasp of the answer...
roger

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:20 pm
@Fido,
And some would say that when you have nothing to say, that is a good time to say (nothing) it.
Fido

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 09:30 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

And some would say that when you have nothing to say, that is a good time to say (nothing) it.
He asked the question, and to ask the question properly is to surmise the answer which must be nearer to him than to any of us... You should consider the same in your affairs... Don't bother to preach to me... If you doubt that what I say is true, only look at the questions asked by Medieval Theologians and Philosophers... The questions they asked were prompted by their understanding of reality that brought forth answers in accord with their understanding of the facts... It was only with people like Occam who were willing to exclude the unlikely in favor of the likely that progress was made...

Those who say there are no stupid questions are wrong... I will bet that most of our questions are stupid only because no good philosophy has examined the prejudices and faulty thought behind them... It does not matter whether science or theology can give a reasonable explanation of the working of penicillon... Whether penecillin works or does not work is not nearly so much the problem as our willingness to seize upon pat answers to huge problems... We have not used penicillin to cure disease, but to live with it...

We have chosen to have people live next to filth and in filth, stressed, malnourished, over worked and injured because those with it could cure the diseases that regularly killed the poor who we would not live without suffering the poverty we would not ourselves bear... This is a choice made out of our ideologies so that in the end our wonder drugs becomes no defense at all because we have used it to treat the symptoms of our immorality rather than buying with it time to cure our immorality...

Behind all disease in immorality of one sort or another; what you may call vice...Why bother asking why penicillin works or does not when another question lies right beyond, and when the problems that plague us are within us, are moral in nature and resistent to definition??? We have the answer, but dare not ask the question because the knowing of it demands too much of each of us... Knowledge is virtue because the knowledgable must act responsibly...
0 Replies