unemployment problems

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 11:17 pm
On my last extension and edd sent my former employer the form and he wrote on it that I'm working. Thats crap. Totally. He's pissed that he has to pay into it when his business is not doing well. It's started big problems has it's he says, and I say something different. They're not going to find a W-2, or anything. I helped his brother out by cleaning his carpet a long time ago and now he says I'm cleaning carpets. This is too much! It was an act of being friendly, and no money was charged. It was filthy and I was trying to be nice. Will EDD take the side of the employer? What else is going to happen I don't know about?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 830 • Replies: 1
No top replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:28 am
@desototwo,
I can understand your frustration and anger, you need EDD to survive whilst looking for new employment.

I am from Australia and so, I don't know the "law" there, but I am betting that you have to have pay slips, to have been paid as evidence and then transfer of that money into your bank or if cash "rare" you would have had to sign off for that... I would suggest you report him, nicely and calmly to them and suggest that he provide both pay slips and account details of payment transfers.

0 Replies