Internet E Book Content?

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 05:18 pm
I was thinking of creating an ebook with content from the internet. I wanted to create a book made out of forum discussions. My question is... can i copy forum discussions from websites and turn it into an ebook to give away for free? Or do I have to get permission from the posters or can I just compile the book without doing any thing like that? Thanks for input!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,915 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 05:22 pm
@robotamadeus,
I have no idea what the answer is to that but I'll listen in. I hope someone knows.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 05:26 pm
@robotamadeus,
I think you forgot to read the Terms of Service before you signed up.

http://able2know.org/about/tos/
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 05:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
II. SERVICE CONTENT AND MEMBER SUBMISSIONS

A. You understand that all Content posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. The Content of the service consists of all materials published therein (including but not limited to postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, and sounds). The service and its content are intended for your personal, non-commercial use only. able2know is not liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the service or its content, or for any damages arising therefrom.

B. The service and its content are protected by copyright pursuant to American and international copyright laws. The content is owned or controlled by able2know or the party which created the content. You are the copyright holder of all content created by you and posted on the service. You agree not to modify, publish, transmit, reproduce, create new works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit the service (including software) or any content not authored by you except as explicitly provided in Section II.C. of this Agreement. Some content in the service may contain additional copyright notices or restrictions and you agree to abide by them.

C. You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on the Service for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission from able2know, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the content. You may create or add to a topic subject to the rules in Section III of this Agreement.

D. You agree that any content created by you and published on the Service may be copied, edited, removed, reused, modified, published, transmitted and displayed in all media by able2know, the service's Affiliate Partners and their successors, assigns and licensees, and you hereby grant to those entities the perpetual right to do so. In addition, you waive any moral rights you may have in with respect to the content being altered or attributed in a manner not agreeable to you.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 05:31 pm
@ehBeth,
People actually read the TOS before clicking 'accept.'??
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 05:32 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I guess just the keeners Embarrassed eh
0 Replies