rhen009

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 10:49 pm
why whenever I open the internet explorer, it suddenly close on its own? What the IT did to make it happen? i wanna learn how they do it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,060 • Replies: 4
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 12:39 am
@rhen009,
?????????

An unknown version of IE running under an unknown version of windows closed by itself and you think it is your IT department doing this?

If you wish to ask a question you need to give us a little more details.........
Ragman

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 12:12 pm
@rhen009,
IT may have limited you from access. You'd be wise not to try or risk problems with management. Have you been advised what you may or may not access on the Internet? While at work access of the Internet is a privilege THEY control.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 01:18 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

An unknown version of IE running under an unknown version of windows closed by itself and you think it is your IT department doing this?

If you wish to ask a question you need to give us a little more details.........

This information is necessary if you want tech help, so the questions need repeating. Rhen009? It may not be your IT department, but a corrupt IE browser. Perhaps if you download another copy of Internet Explorer onto a disc or thumb drive (or better yet, a more stable browser like Google Chrome or Firefox) then install/reinstall the browser onto your computer then maybe you'll find out if it is fact a browser issue or an IT/system admin related internet block.
BillRM

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 03:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsarsterpan just closing the browser is a very very very odd way for a business to filter the internet and I question that in a large business setting that his privilege level would allow him to install other browsers as you had suggested.

If I was the IT department I would had the machines locked down as a matter of course to prevent someone from running foreign software that might contain malware of one kind or another.

Also he seems from the lack of information and the tone of the question not to be up to the task of installing other browsers even if he did have the system rights to do so.

If I was him I would had just picked up the phone and dial the IT department to solve the problem of the browser closing on me as I do not think it had a thing to do with filtering the net.
0 Replies