Seemingly Nothingness

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 10:27 am
I have a very ... bad ... case of manic depression. Any sort of response to some sort of help would be needed. I wrote some very depressing poems they may tell you a little about myself.

May I Get Pills For That?

Happy Pain. You lower your head with blissful pain. The pictures on the wall die away. The world is insane. Break these chains of life that bind me. This time you will not have it your way.

Paranoia. Don't oversleep. Stay in the restful world of paradise that you call your bed. They'll never understand me. The clock is the tool of the devil. How will he use it? Wake up into the world of paranoia.

Blind Man. You cannot see. You are a blind man. Beneath the glasses lie the worlds of truth. You paint your pretty toenails. You are beautiful. You live in their world. You are a puppet. Dance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,527 • Replies: 6
No top replies

rhymer

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 06:00 pm
Manic depression
Hello Shadowless nightmare,

Are you feeling any better now?

There certainly is help for MD.
But the first thing you should perhaps consider doing is seeing a doctor to let him / her assess your condition.
There are many types of depression and treatments.
Only an expert can provide the professional help you may need for proper alleviation and control.

People already diagnosed with depression may well be prepared to talk with you and console or comfort you.
Best regards, Bill.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:17 am
How do you KNOW that you have manic depression? Has it been diagnosed by a medical professional?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:18 am
By the way, there is medication for this medical problem but you'll need an Rx.
0 Replies

Mental Wanderer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 04:40 pm
Young bloggers post lots of "depressing" poetry
Hello again, Shadowless...
Yes, your poetry is rather depressing. You might (or might not) be surprised to learn that LOTS of teenagers and twentysomethings post "depression-spawned" poetry all over the web. Its a common act of catharsis and a way to share a portion of an inner life that is just bursting to get out -- without involving parents and other "significants."

When you cook something on a stove, you soon learn that the easiest way to get a nice simmering boil is to first turn up the heat all the way and get a real rolling boil going first. Then, you back it off until it's just right. The process of growing up is a bit like that. Our feelings rage within us until we learn to scale it back and live in balance. Serious depression is nothing to trifle with, of course. If you are really starting to scare yourself, then, by all means, see a doctor. Get a second opinion, of needed. There is nothing sacred about anyone's feelings; they are just bio-electrical events like every other thought that goes through your mind. If they are truly out of balance, the pharmacology for such things is pretty good these days. Help is out there if you need it. Oh, and, go ahead and post all your depression poetry. Better out than in, I always say.
0 Replies

Shadowless-Nightmare

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 06:44 pm
You spelled if wrong... Mental Wanderer. Not That I care because if I was typing fast i wold prably mak a misyake.

-Shadowless-Nightmare
0 Replies

Shadowless-Nightmare

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 01:08 pm
I appreciate your concern and I give you my thanks. Yes, I am feeling better, this depression is sort of off and on. Its hard being a teenager and growing up in a world you dont beleive in. There has to be another way to modivate myself to wake up in the morning. I will take this into consideration and continue poetry.
Thanks Again.
-Shadowless-Nightmare
0 Replies