Hollywood walk of fame question

lovejoy

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 01:34 am
Exactly how and when are people chosen for a star on this famous thoroughfare?

I ask because I just read that George Hamilton only got one on the 12th August 2009 and he has been in movie making for about 50 years. Why did it take so long?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,781 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 03:26 am
@lovejoy,
Probably because he can't act and is a minor star. However, that criteria isn't the showstopper. Could it be that his movies didn't make enough money?

Here's the answer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_walk_of_fame
Ragman

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 03:46 am
It is possibility that it was due to his name was dragged in the mud due to the following:

"Hamilton had a well known social relationship with Imelda Marcos, the wife of former Philippines president Ferdinand Marcos. It was later revealed that he also had business ties to the Marcoses. In 1990, Hamilton was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in a federal fraud and racketeering case against the Marcoses involving looting Philippine government funds. Mrs. Marcos was acquitted in the case."
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 09:19 am
@Ragman,
Ronald Regan has a star I doubt his films made much money Mr. Green and the moon landing astronauts have stars??
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 09:56 am
@lovejoy,
In addition to a lengthy selection process, the applicant also has to fork over
$ 30,000 for his/her star.
http://www.walkoffame.com/pages/faqs
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 09:59 am
Ed O'Neil just got his star. (Married With Children). They placed it before a shoe store.
Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 09:59 am
@edgarblythe,
ahaha
0 Replies