Salmonella wont go away

TF

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 07:20 pm
Hi all. My name is Truls (18 years) and i'm from Norway. I couldn't find any topics about this in norwegian websites so i'll make it a try here. For about 3 1/2 years ago i got salmonella by eating pizza with chiken on it. The qonsueqences was really bad, i lost 10 kg in 2-3 weeks. So now three and a half years later i'm still struggling with salmonella, off course it's not as bad as it was when i got it, but still the stomach ist just not 100 percent good, i always have make sure that i eat and drink the right things at the right time.
I've been at the hospital a hundred times now and they say i just have to be pacient about it and make sure that i am smart about what i eat and drink. but i'm sick and tired of that.

So the question is if anyone got some advice about how to make it better it would help me a lot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,143 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 07:40 pm
3 1/2 years? That seems like a very long time.

Did they test you for anything else?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 07:48 pm
@TF,
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how much to believe you. I highly doubt you are suffering from a short term salmonella infection. I will listen that you have a problem, and hope you can see the appropriate doctors.

You have been at the hospital a hundred times? Did they tell you what your diagnosis is? I am guessing you are dealing with extreme anxiety, but I don't know that either.

Please talk with your medical provider. Come back and tell us what they say.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:16 pm
@TF,
Hello TF,

there are some long term effects of salmonella poisoning like bowl inflammation, gastrointestinal sensitivities to certain food and abdominal pains, cramping, weight loss and so on. There is really nothing you can do as the salmonella has weakened your gastrointestinal system, and these symptoms can be chronic, or if you're lucky, can subside in time.

As with food, it's really a trial and error situation where you have to find out yourself which food groups give you gastrointestinal problems and which ones do not.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 11:48 am
Yes, and this could have kicked off a bunch of other ailments, including arthritis and leaky bowel syndrome.

In any case, switch Drs.

Go to an infectious disease Dr. or nutritionist. Try yoga and meditation, too.

I was miserable for over 9 months after surgery when my bowel did not wake up all at the same time. I had spastic colon. Yoga and yogurt really helped.
0 Replies