Antimatter as fuel

IvanU92

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 03:49 am
Hello,my name is Ivan Milosevic from Serbia,Belgrade.
First of all i want to apologize for any mistakes during writing.I`m really young and not so good with English lagunle.
I have question about antimatter as fuel.

If u can please tell me,i would like to know,how can i converte mass (lets say 1kg) of matter+antimatter to distance i can pass with amount of energy realesed from this reaction?
I`m sure it depends on motor i would use,and how much it waist,i would ask you to give me idea of how much could one motor who is supposed to fly the spacecraft for 99.99% speed of light could use energy for trip of 20 light years.I suppose some fuel could be converted to eletricity needed to light the ship and cover all needs crew would need?How much fuel would i need for that,for the 20 light years i need to fly?I`m sure this is long long calculation,but even some basic info about how much this fuel can produce eletricity or motor power would help me really really much.Can you please inform me with any kind of site or place i could get more information about this?

I know this sounds silly,and i don`t have this kind fuel (i`m sure no one does) but i`m just doing some calculation so i could really use this information.
I have searched alot but never found answer on this kind of question.I actuelly never got answer on any question connected with this and atomic energy.
Even when i asked about school`s programs in US,i never get replay..

Best Regards from Serbia,Belgrade.
Ivan Milosevic.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 783 • Replies: 0
No top replies