Are Egyptians to be Applauded for their Race to Execute Murbarak before he Dies?

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 02:01 pm
My take is that wheeling a dying man into court on his hospital bed and putting him in a cage is uncivilized and that he should be allowed to die of natural causes. I also think that in principle the exercise of vengeance towards former dictators is counter productive, because what it teaches current dictators such as Gadhafi is that their best bet is to hold on to power at all cost, and as we see in Libya at great cost to the peoples of the nation. To sum up this action towards Mubarak shows that the Egyptian people are not worthy of our praise for presumably being better than Mubarak, they are doing the same uncivilized **** that Mubarak used to do.

What say you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,317 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 02:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
It would be a mistake to execute him but I don't think that will happen, furthermore he's not nearly as ill as you seem to think, he and his wife suddenly became ill when they were arrested so that they could be afforded more comfortable conditions and sympathy.
BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 02:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Let me get this right a man charge with misusing the power of the state to kill thousands of his fellow citizens should not in fact face a court of law for his crimes.

First because of his medical conditions and under the very strange theory that other men in similar positions would try to hold onto power less if he was given a free pass for his crimes!!!!!!!

Sorry I do not buy into your theory that a man such as Gadhafi will give up power more easily if Mubarak is given a free pass and somehow I can not feel sorry for a man who order his fellow citizens men women and perhaps children kill in the streets so he could try to maintain power.

You might had mild grounds for complains it they just hung the man instead of bringing him into a court of law.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 02:47 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

It would be a mistake to execute him but I don't think that will happen, furthermore he's not nearly as ill as you seem to think, he and his wife suddenly became ill when they were arrested so that they could be afforded more comfortable conditions and sympathy.
He has been known to American Intelligence to be very ill during the last ten years, this is nothing new. It was well known that his poor handling of the revolt was due in part to diminished capacity. Exactly what his health problem is and how bad it is is not known to us, as Mubarak as reason to keep it hidden while in power and those who want to execute him have reason to keep it hidden now, least we realize how uncivilized they are.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 02:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
One prosecutor in one case says this and you deem a whole country uncivilized. You are very liberal with your broad brush but whatever floats your boat.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 03:01 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

One prosecutor in one case says this and you deem a whole country uncivilized. You are very liberal with your broad brush but whatever floats your boat.
I am not aware of what any prosecutor in the case is saying, my information comes from journalism that was conducted before Mubarak fell, claiming off the record accounts by people who were in a position to know Mubarak's medical condition and American Intelligence's understanding of his health situation.
0 Replies