Egypt sarcophagus: Mystery black tomb opened in Alexandria

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 09:50 am
Quote:
Two weeks ago, archaeologists in Egypt found a massive black granite sarcophagus in Alexandria, untouched for 2,000 years - and fleet-footed rumour quickly got to work.

Could it contain the remains of ancient Greek leader Alexander the Great, or (less appealingly) a deadly curse?

According to experts who have now unsealed it, it's a no to both.

Instead, it revealed three skeletons and red-brown sewage water, which gave off an unbearable stench.

Egypt's Ministry of Antiquities had appointed a committee of archaeologists to open the relic, which was unearthed at a construction site.

According to Egyptian news outlet El-Watan, they initially lifted the lid of the tomb by just 5cm (2 inches) before the pungent odour forced them from the inspection scene entirely. They later prised it open with help from Egyptian military engineers.

"We found the bones of three people, in what looks like a family burial... Unfortunately the mummies inside were not in the best condition and only the bones remain," said Mostafa Waziri, secretary-general of the Supreme Council of Antiquities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44893804
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,044 • Replies: 4
No top replies

laughoutlood

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 09:30 pm
@izzythepush,
SEWAGE WATER, SEWAGE WATER.

Get your 2,000 year old untouched sewage water here.

2,000EGP a tbs, 750EGP a tsp, 50EGP a touch, 50 piastres a look.

Step right up.

See your future.

Its curative powers are the stuff of legend: how good are those bones.

Use it as a gargle, time and time again: make those teeth shine.

Take in the vapours and buy our take home vape juice sachets (one flava only).

Assorted bones are available for those requiring aphrodisiacal powders.

We have overnight accommodation for S & M claustrophobic couples just book at the crypt.

Enjoy your visit , and remember if necessary, please use the bags provided.

Google our pay per view site RagsToRiches.com.egp
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 03:08 am
@laughoutlood,
I don't think they were buried with sewage water in case it was needed in the afterlife. I think it may have leaked in subsequently, which means some of it may still be quite fresh.
0 Replies

Ipanjohur

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 10:30 am
@izzythepush,
Heloo , i would want to get some answers or help for a brick founded underground wich leads to some other stuff based by people whoe found that , but i would really want to know what time does it present and what kind of secrets are in that brick . If someone is interested to help me with that please text me back .
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 11:45 am
@Ipanjohur,
Ask locally, local historians museums etc, they should at least be able to tell you what may have gone on where the brick was found.
0 Replies