modify the shoulders of a tank top

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 11:54 am
I am going to have neck surgery and wear a large Neck Brace. I am thiking of opening the shoulders on a few of my sleeveless loose fitting tank tops. Could you suggest a way to close the seams at the shoulder? I had thought of velcro or maybe snaps. Do you have any suggestions?

roger

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 02:24 pm
@cacharya,
No, but it's an interesting question. Let me bump it up for you.

Actually, after that surgery, you might not have enough dexterity for awhile to pull anything over your head. A tank would be your best shot, though.
jespah

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 03:57 pm
@cacharya,
I bet velcro would be a bit easier to sew on as it doesn't have to align absolutely perfectly, plus you could adjust it a little if necessary.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 04:23 pm
@roger,
I think Roger's onto something. Will you be able to get anything over your head?

Ask your doc for a referral to an o.t. to discuss this sort of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if something like a true wrap top is recommended. Slide your arms in, tie loosely.

http://cdn.decorpad.com/photos/2009/04/19/6607b819bb99.jpg

this is a good time of year to check places like Old Navy for inexpensive tops like this on sale.
0 Replies