tips for making my own clothes

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 02:38 pm
i make my own clothes cuz buying punk clothes is hella expensive, which isnt quite punk at all, anyways what are some good tips for sewing/ making my own clothes, i usualy sew with dentel floss cuz its cheep and doesnt rip, i also use lots of fabric paint an stencils that i make myself to do band clothes an patches an stuff, so what are some good sewing tips, the sewing with dentilfloss was a handy one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 2,215 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed
No top replies

MonaLeeza

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 02:56 pm
@ihateeverything,
Op shop
ihateeverything

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 02:58 pm
@MonaLeeza,
what?
cicerone imposter

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 04:29 pm
keep it simple
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 04:38 pm
@ihateeverything,
There is fabric that you can print directly onto (can be found at Michael's).

When I was making stuff for punk friends (I was never really punk myself), I would've loved that.

Also if you go to fabric stores they frequently have leather remnants (especially upholstery-type fabric stores) for cheap. Lots of fun stuff can be done with leather remnants.

edit: oh wait even better, I just read about this. I've never tried it though. Get sticker paper (like for printing stickers), take the back off, and stick it to any old (FLAT, tightly-woven) fabric. Then feed that through the printer. Muslin et al works best. It's a little cheaper than getting the special stuff from Michael's.
MonaLeeza

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 05:21 pm
@ihateeverything,
Quote:
what?

An Op(portunity) shop is a shop run by a charity selling second-hand clothes. You can buy cheap stuff and then adapt, embellish or do whatever you like with it to create your own style.
0 Replies

ihateeverything

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 07:08 pm
@sozobe,
o awesome, ill try that
stenthpatric

Fri 13 Jul, 2012 04:32 am
@ihateeverything,
I always design my clothes my favorite designer but I give some suggestion for my clothes designing. I always prefer to wear some different and latest fashion designer clothes. If you want to making your clothes very attractive than you have to design your clothes own.
xumeine

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 09:16 pm
@stenthpatric,
Very good, I like to design their own clothes to wear may vary greatly
0 Replies

nurein

Tue 1 Jul, 2014 05:01 am
First draw your design in book and then apply it in a old any of your clothes so it would be helpful for you to calculate how your cloth is looking good or not.
0 Replies