How do I correct the width of my display screen on my PC and restore it to default settings?

parados

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 12:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
If both monitors are doing the same thing then it could be a video card issue.

How much of the screen are you losing? Is it just a small amount or is it a lot?
If it's a small amount then you can adjust the width using the monitor controls to see if that can fix the issue. Look for an icon that shows a screen with 2 arrows pointing out.
http://cdnsupport.gateway.com/s/MONITOR/7005491/OSD/27.jpg
Adjust the size as far as you can making it smaller.

If the picture still doesn't fit on the screen then you do have a video card issue. You can replace the card or it might be easier to just get a new computer.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 12:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

9/11 happened about a decade ago - how is that relevant?

Cathode ray tubes have a service life of, generally about 7 to 10 years. A monitor marketed from c. 2001 to 2003 (as I ascertained) is nearing the end of its life.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 12:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You need to SHUT UP

JACKASS.

DON'T MAKE SNOTTY, ASININE ASSUMPTIONS. THEN YOU WONDER WHY I HAVE YOU ON IGNORE.

Like I said. Troll.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 06:16 pm
@contrex,
Like I said - JACKASS.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 06:19 pm
@parados,
I AM INTERESTED IN FIXING THE PROBLEM. NOW I HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH IT.

THE MONITOR I AM USING RIGHT NOW IS FINE AND DOESN"T HAVE OVERSCAN ON IT.

I WASN'T GOING TO TAKE THE TIME TO TRY TO FIX THE OTHER MONITOR WHEN I HAD BUSINESS TO TAKE CARE OF.

I WAS NOT GOING TO TINKER WITH IT DURING WORK HOURS.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 06:59 pm
* sigh * Sad
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 07:05 pm
@wmwcjr,
Parados and the others are snobs.
parados

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 08:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
I give you help twice and both times you don't accept my help but call me names and ignore my help.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 09:41 pm
@parados,
Thank you for your help. Right now I just using another monitor. I will tinker with the other one when I have to time to do so. I intend on fixing the other monitor later.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
You need to SHUT UP because you don't know what you are talking about.

If I thought it was a STUPID QUESTION I wouldn't ask. I am not an expert of computers, JACKASS.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! This sort of communication is where you go wrong and why you've alienated many of the members here. You're manifesting a short temper, and you're calling someone a name. Christians should be patient and not use that kind of language. Believe me, I understand. I've lost my temper online before in this forum myself. This is where you trip yourself up.

Quote:
THEN YOU WONDER WHY I HAVE YOU ON IGNORE.

But, my friend, you're clearly reading his posts! I know the temptation to read posts of a member whom you have on "Ignore" is strong. I've done it myself. But they love this sort of reaction. I have to admit it's funny.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:18 pm
@wmwcjr,
Why is it FUNNY to you?
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 10:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
Because you're acting at cross purposes to your intention. Not meaning to demean you. I'm just chuckling a little bit at human nature.

I've got more than my own share of foibles, as well as weaknesses and shortcomings, to be concerned about.

Gotta go for a while (if not for the rest of the evening) ...
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 12:00 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Why is it FUNNY to you?

Are you one of those Assburger people?

0 Replies

IanLucas

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 11:25 am
@JGoldman10,
This is easily some of the best material I’ve stumbled on today. It’s not what I was looking for but it sure got my interest. Now i’m glad I took the time to give it a look.
contrex

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2016 11:20 am
@IanLucas ,
IanLucas wrote:

This is easily some of the best material I’ve stumbled on today. It’s not what I was looking for but it sure got my interest. Now i’m glad I took the time to give it a look.

You are weird.
0 Replies