Meterosexuality...do you dig?

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:39 pm
Ok, I pushed that damn thing up against the wall opposite the TV, but I'm still not happy. Should I get in on a sort of angle so I can still watch the TV and look out at the garden? Or should I move that drop-leaf table thingy in and just have a couple more beers?

The cushions, should you go with an odd or even number?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:41 pm
Mr Stillwater, you should go hammer something.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:41 pm
It depends on how the ki flows through the room.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 06:22 pm
Mr. Stillwater-

Since we have established that cushions are an integral part of the piece of furniture, you must mean decorative pillows right? I would opt for an odd number. Generally in grouping arrangements, pictures, collections, etc., an odd number creates the most visual appeal. Symmetry is fine in a very formal setting. I personally find it boring.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 06:32 pm
kirsten wrote:
Mr. Stillwater- Since we have established that cushions are an integral part of the piece of furniture, you must mean decorative pillows right?

Kill me NOW some-body!!! I just had a vision of my new life in interior decoration.

SLAPPY!!! Say something vaguely offensive before I give up the will [size=7]to live.................[/size]
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 06:41 pm
littlek wrote:

Cross-post!!!! 'My, that sounds dirty!'
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 06:55 pm
Rolling Eyes
well, at least you're sounding less like a meterosexual.
0 Replies

MuzikQueen79

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 01:03 pm
littlek wrote:
I'd laugh in his face and then might toss him out on his exfoliated and waxed butt.

Ha ha ha. Same here Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 01:21 pm
Right on.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 07:40 pm
So, neandersexual is: A traditional male - the polar opposite of metrosexual.

What traits would you consider to belong to a metrosexual?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 08:21 pm
bookmark, i'll be back with my two sense!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 08:35 pm
ok! I've been prowling google for definitions. Even some images. Funny. Seems there are two differing camps on the definition of metrosexual.

Most see MSs as being well-dressed and coiffed men with a penchant for expensive face-creams and pampering practises like massages and manicures. This camp see the MS as a ego-centric guy.

The other side sees the MS as a senstitive, feminine, heterosexual man. I see these as different definitions, others may disagree.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 08:47 pm
Camps! You said camps! Heh!! (Ya know, homosexual, campy, metrosexual... nemmind.)

Yeah, I've generally seen the definition swing (I said swing!) (Yes, I've had one of those days) between negative and positive. It can mean cool, well-dressed, handsome, etc., or it can mean vain.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 08:54 pm
This meterosexuality is becoming way too popular, where are all the tough rugged men? I'm gonna show this thread to my boyfriend, he's a perfect example of a meterosexual!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 08:58 pm
Stand-up - I'd prefer more of a neandersexual myself, I think. Well, a guy who leaned a little more to the neander- rather than metro- side of the spectrum.

Soz, you're cracking me up!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 09:29 am
What if I crush a beer can off my forehead, while wearing Diesel jeans, a perfectly matched shirt, and shoes to die for? Then what am I?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 09:32 am
littlek wrote:
ew, pusing it? What is that?

"pusing it" is when the comments are oviously coming from the 'infected' part of the brain! Laughing
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 09:35 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
littlek wrote:

i would suggest, under the circumstances, just go and get 'hammered'! Shocked
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 09:38 am
littlek wrote:
So, neandersexual is: A traditional male - the polar opposite of metrosexual.

What traits would you consider to belong to a metrosexual?

they have taken on some "traditionally female" traits; they will buy anything that is advertized in the growing group of "in" glossy mags from 'WallPaper", to "Maxim". ("in" in different circles, perhaps)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 10:00 am
errrrrr, Bo - I think you made a bit of a strategic error in mentioning WallPaper. It is verra verra metrosexual to know about WallPaper.
0 Replies