Meterosexuality...do you dig?

onyxelle

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:53 am
hmm...maybe he's not unmanly....just way more feminine than is normal in guys, I think. I don't know if he's str8 or not....
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 06:08 am
The title fits me perfectly.

Latest instance - while I'm away skiing I'll be lending my flat to a female friend. She asked me if I wanted anything from Paris (where she'll be this week) in return for the favour...I asked her to get me a couple of tubes of face wash - a particular kind that has that perfect balance of cleansing without drying - which isn't available in the UK.

It did cause raised eyebrows - no she didn't shape mine - I don't go that far!!!!

KP
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 06:44 am
onyxelle wrote:
hmm...maybe he's not unmanly....just way more feminine than is normal in guys, I think. I don't know if he's str8 or not....

He's str8, well, atleast he was then. I've never met a man quite like him and if he didn't have so many emotional problems, I'd probably still be with him.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 09:30 am
I was in quite the dillema this morning. I had the darndest time finding a t-shirt that looked ok under my new Guess shirt. You see, the beige one I was going to wear was just too dark, and clashed. The white one I then tried on was just too bulky. I finally found one that didn't stand out too much, and blended perfectly. I then wondered what color shoes to wear, because both black and brown would have gone ok, which of course affects what color belt to wear. After everything went together, it was obvious which watch to go with.

Uhhh....I mean, I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 10:07 am
My problem would be the obsessiveness of it all. If you wish to flail around your bedroom, changing t-shirts until you find the absolute right neckline scoop (which I might do from time -to-time myself), that's one thing. That's your own private little wacko world. But to wear out other people with it, that's when it's time to get a grip. Ever gone shopping with someone like this? It's a nightmare.
I do wish my husband cared more about his appearance, tho. It wouldn't be a bad thing if his sense of color and tone was stronger. A man who likes to cook and CAN cook sounds real good to me. I wouldn't kick him out of my kitchen. But to be manic about it would be a big ol' pain in the ass. Being manic about anything can be hard on the people around you, tho.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 10:18 am
I can go clothes shopping, and get it done with a quickness. I see it, I like it, I usually only try on pants(and if I try something on, it means I'm buying it as long as it fits), and I buy. But I'm still picky.

I went to the mall with my girlfriend a few weeks ago for her to get an outfit, and wanted to kill her. She's in Bebe for a good hour, trying on outfit after outfit, complaining this doesn't fit right, ect. Then goes to another store. She almost left the mall without buying something. I wouldn't let her leave without buying an outfit. I don't understand women's shopping stores, I get headaches in those places.

I need a new loofah.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 10:58 am
Here Slappy, use mine. I gotta bend over and pick up the soap.....Yeeouch! Hey!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 11:46 am
Slappy, those inflatable dolls are less proportionate than Barbie. Of course nothing fits.

Oh, wait, a real live girlfriend? Cool! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 01:56 pm
I hate clothes shopping with fussy people, too - bores me to screaming point very quickly.

What is "fussy"?

Simple - fussier than I am ... easy, isn't it?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 03:25 pm
Never date a guy who has more products to put on his face than you do. Conveniently, this also serves as a warning against dating mimes.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 03:26 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 04:39 pm
I was a metrosexual when the concept still lived with its parents in the suburbs! Very Happy
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:07 pm
Slappy, when you're finished that shower and you're out in Metroville, could you get the answer to this one?

What IS the difference between a cushion and a goddam throw-pillow?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:10 pm
Mr. Stillwater, in my metrosexual experience, a cushion is the part that fits more INTO the couch, not meant to be moved around. A throw pillow is a loose pillow you can "throw" around, or is more versatile, such as you could use it as a cushion on say, a futon, if you choose.

Am I wrong or right, chicks?

Whatever will I wear tomorrow?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:12 pm
You've got it, slappy. Will wonders never cease?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:21 pm
Ok, settee vs loveseat?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:27 pm
Now you're pushing it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:28 pm
ew, pusing it? What is that?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:29 pm
Pusing? Who said that? What are you reading???

Fixed.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:30 pm
Fastest meterosexual in the greater boston area.
0 Replies