Amy Winehouse

farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:46 pm
@Ragman,
Anybody have her on their deadpool?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:50 pm
@Ragman,
Today reminds me of when, soon after "Back to Black" dropped, one of her old music teachers said that Amy is very talented, and she hoped that we would get another album out of her before she killed herself, but that she was not optimistic on that score.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:52 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Anybody have her on their deadpool?

I did not go in on that, remind me what the bet was please ...it was Winehouse, Lohan and ??, who dies first. Who was the other train wreck chick in the bet?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:13 pm
@farmerman,
I don't limit the 'dead pool' to women alone. Men are quite capable and quite self-destructive.

I had her picked for 5 spots ahead of Charlie Sheen. Charlie had the advantage over her as ís/was an athlete and started out in better shape with no eating disorder.
farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:21 pm
@Ragman,
I picked Lindsay Lohan in my three for 2011. I also have Jimmy Carter and Andy Rooney
Ragman

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:23 pm
@farmerman,
In Andy's case, how can you tell whether or not if he's breathing?

Oh, I see! You chose the celebs who are likely to buy the farm - not neccesarily the self-destructive ones.
farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:32 pm
@Ragman,
We each pick three for the year. The one with the most (Subtracted from each others total number, gives an amount of cash (50 bucks per participant per excess dead celebrity)
If I pick 2 of my three and my partner picked only one , he owes me 50 bucks. If one in the game picks none. He (or she, yes we have 2 women in the game), Then that pwerson owes each of the others who had one tow three , 60 bucks per dead celeb each.

Its creepy but we also bet on how long it takes for STONES, our company Rock Python , to eat a rat.
Ragman

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:41 pm
@farmerman,
Sign me up for this selection: Keith Richard/Richards
farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:45 pm
@Ragman,
we usually pick a "candidate list" over coffee. Then we put the names in a helmet and each person picks three randoms. Its not as strait forward logic based as you think.

Last year we had several of the candidates like Leslie Nielsen and ELizabeth Taylor, and nobody picked em in the helmet. If they die and noone picked em, they go out and then the remainders stay in the helmet to be picked next year. Its got some opttery involved
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:58 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Tomato tomahto: your theory is as good as any other theory. I still stand by my statement. Amy Winehouse is STILL dead. (As Chevy Chase used to recite"on SNL, "Generalissimo Franco is still DEAD!"

But....but....hawkeyes right about everything!

Just ask him, he'll tell you.

(I don't know what he said, because I just couldn't stomach him anymore, but I'm sure he's still a legend in his own mind.)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:17 pm
@farmerman,
when howard stern was on terrestrial radio, and i used to listen to him, he'd run a death pool on the show, a flat fee got you 10 names i think, and they scored points using age subtracted from a hundred, so the older the celeb the less points, most folks played it pretty safe, but one year a staff member picked joe c the midget who used to preform with kid rock, he had some health issues but wasn't on any kind of death watch or anything, well the guy dies at about 29 or so, staffer picks up and easy 71 points, nobody else even came close that year
farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:21 pm
@djjd62,
I remember. We didnt use his calc method because we only have about 10 people in the pool and its easy to calc a winner
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:21 pm
@djjd62,
For a lot of years Nichole Richie was on the death watch near the top, but she has defied all expectations.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 11:35 pm
Amy Winehouse dead?

What a shock!

What's next, learning that Lindsay Lohan kicked the bucket?
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 08:51 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Unlike Lindsey Lohan, Amy Winehouse had great talent. She was a true soul singer who wrote her own lyrics, she wasn't very well known in the U.S. - like so many other talented singer from abroad, and she certainly doesn't deserve the ridicule that surfaces here and there.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:11 am
@CalamityJane,
Not only was she a very talented musician she had a great personality.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:18 am
@izzythepush,
Oh that's so funny! Thanks for posting that, izzy...
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:23 am
@CalamityJane,
It's actually the first time I saw Amy, what sticks out is the 'cat aids' line. What I think is most impressive, is that she holds her own against three professional comics.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:25 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, and she can make fun of herself to0 - something American artists have a hard time with.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 09:32 am
@CalamityJane,
I don't know that it's a particularly British trait, real talent triumphs over ego every time.