Are atheists being more illogical than agnostics?

Frank Apisa

Mon 11 Oct, 2021 11:20 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

People who don't have a real argument resort to ad hominem.

In college we learn how to make a thesis, to prove points and support our arguments.

In grade school, we learn to say "You're stupid" to people we don't wanna listen to.

Nice persuasive argument though.

Your logic has not improved. Too bad...you have so much room to work with.
Jasper10

Sun 5 Dec, 2021 02:30 am
@igm,
In answer to the original post atheists only consider half logic output possibilities.

Agnostics on the other hand are at least prepared to consider FULL logic output possibilities…..along with the Theists.

The Atheist/Agnostic/Theist are not nihilists …..he/she might think they are but they are all only + or - Nihilists or NEARLY NIHILIST….because they all will always have an opinion about an issue one way or the other.

In that respect they take sides…they choose….because they have free will to do so.

A negative nearly Nihilist will take the view that good is bad and bad is good….i.e ……0,1…1,0 logic

Whereas the positive nearly Nihilist will take the view that good is good and bad is bad…..i.e…….0,0….1,1…

All logic output possibility combinations are valid….not just HALF

Jasper10

Sun 5 Dec, 2021 03:55 am
@Jasper10,
The atheist’s are already making the claim that good is bad and bad is good without a shred of definitive proof that this is the case….They have merely ASSUMED that this is the case in their NEARLY NIHILISTIC decision making……before they then go on to accept that society would fall apart if THEY didn’t make some rules up…..laughable half logic…what about if rules were already in place as an alternative possibility?
bulmabriefs144

Mon 6 Dec, 2021 02:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
This is an example of ad hominem.

It is all about personal failings, and nothing about what is wrong with the argument.
Jasper10

Mon 6 Dec, 2021 06:13 am
@Jasper10,
An atheist makes the claim that good is bad and bad is good without a shred of definitive proof that this is true.

This is their NEARLY nihilistic starting point that they base the rest of their philosophy on.

This is a FACT which doesn’t need to be countered………it merely needs to be highlighted…
Frank Apisa

Mon 6 Dec, 2021 06:57 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

This is an example of ad hominem.

It is all about personal failings, and nothing about what is wrong with the argument.

It is my opinion that saying, "I do not know if any gods exist" is more logical than saying, "A GOD does exist" or "No gods exist."

It also is my opinion that you are an idiot.

If either of those qualify as "ad hominem"...I do not care.

I am here to share my opinions. If you do not like them...please ignore them.
Jasper10

Mon 6 Dec, 2021 07:10 am
@Jasper10,
Obviously,the claim that good is good and bad is bad sits on the opposite side of the TRUE NIHILISTIC fence.

1,0…0,1 HALF logic has its own fences on both sides of the TRUE NIHILISTIC fence…along with 0,0…1,1 HALF logic.

bulmabriefs144

Mon 6 Dec, 2021 08:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
But you don't say, "I do not know if any gods exist." You say, "You cannot know (whatever the topic is, but usually about the existence of God)."

The first position is agnosticism. The second is conversionary skepticism. That is, not only do you believe there is no way for you to know (agnosticism) but you try to convert, or drag me into your assumptions.

Pro tip: Your assumptions end with you. You cannot make a single statement about me. Including whether or not I exist. You certainly can't tell me whether or not I can know about God. Maybe God talked to my adopted ex-brother. Maybe God just appeared on the street. Maybe I even found God on Facebook. (Btw, there is a God account on Facebook, but he's too leftist) You're just blind guessing, if you make any statements about someone who isn't you.
Frank Apisa

Mon 6 Dec, 2021 09:48 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

But you don't say, "I do not know if any gods exist." You say, "You cannot know (whatever the topic is, but usually about the existence of God)."

Here is what I say, Moron:

I do not know if any GOD (or gods) exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect that gods cannot exist…that the existence of a GOD or gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that at least one GOD must exist...that the existence of at least one GOD is needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction on whether any gods exist or not...
...so I don't.

Deal with that rather than making **** up and arguing against that ****.

Quote:
The first position is agnosticism. The second is conversionary skepticism. That is, not only do you believe there is no way for you to know (agnosticism) but you try to convert, or drag me into your assumptions.

As I said, deal with what I actually wrote rather than making **** up and arguing against that ****.

Quote:
Pro tip: Your assumptions end with you. You cannot make a single statement about me. Including whether or not I exist. You certainly can't tell me whether or not I can know about God. Maybe God talked to my adopted ex-brother. Maybe God just appeared on the street. Maybe I even found God on Facebook. (Btw, there is a God account on Facebook, but he's too leftist) You're just blind guessing, if you make any statements about someone who isn't you.

Deal with what I actually write...rather than make **** up and then arguing against that ****.

Get some kid to help you. You need it.
Jasper10

Mon 6 Dec, 2021 10:52 am
@Jasper10,
So you can have your + and - Nearly Nihilistic choice if you wish on BOTH sides of the TRUE nihilistic fence……..however it is not possible to sit on the TRUE Nihilistic fence and choose…..because that doesn’t make it a nihilistic fence.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Mon 6 Dec, 2021 05:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You typically also tell me that I'm blind guessing.

Which means,
"You don't know if there are any gods or God that exist..."
(basically all of those statements above)

When you use a loaded phrase like that, you are essentially distorting your own position. It is no longer agnosticism but you trying to push your own views on me. I've plenty of that already, thanks.

Let's be clear. I don't have much of an issue with your deciding you wannabe on the fence religiously. When you start tell me that I don't know my own beliefs, then you've crossed the line. into an opinion.

You've made a statement, that I am blind guessing. So, you have burden of proof. Go ahead, I'm blind guessing? Prove it then. Prove that I am blind guessing. If you can't, stop making that remark, cuz then you're talking nonsense.
Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Dec, 2021 06:27 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

You typically also tell me that I'm blind guessing.

Which means,
"You don't know if there are any gods or God that exist..."
(basically all of those statements above)

When you use a loaded phrase like that, you are essentially distorting your own position. It is no longer agnosticism but you trying to push your own views on me. I've plenty of that already, thanks.

Let's be clear. I don't have much of an issue with your deciding you wannabe on the fence religiously. When you start tell me that I don't know my own beliefs, then you've crossed the line. into an opinion.

You've made a statement, that I am blind guessing. So, you have burden of proof. Go ahead, I'm blind guessing? Prove it then. Prove that I am blind guessing. If you can't, stop making that remark, cuz then you're talking nonsense.

Bulma, I am not "on the fence" on the question of gods.

I am on the sane, intelligent, reasonable, TRUTHFUL side of the issue.

I do not know if there are any gods.

There may be a god...and there may be no gods.

I simply do not know...and I choose not to make a blind guess in either direction.

That is not "fence sitting"...it is being truthful.

You ought to give it a try some time.

And, get some help in learning how to quote...rather than making **** up and arguing against what you invent. It won't be easy for you. You are not very bright.

bulmabriefs144

Tue 7 Dec, 2021 07:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
To be agnostic means to be on the fence, to not have an opinion one way or another. To be uncertain about the existence of a deity.
https://diffsense.com/diff/agnostic/skeptic
Quote:
When used as nouns, agnostic means a person who holds to a form of agnosticism, especially uncertainty of the existence of a deity, whereas skeptic means someone who habitually doubts beliefs and claims presented as accepted by others, requiring strong evidence before accepting any belief or claim.

So what is the difference? A skeptic, unlike an agnostic, may or may not share their disbelief. With an agnostic, it is always "I don't know." A skeptic comes from the idea of looking around, and is one to question established knowledge . It also doesn't just apply to believe in God/gods, but potentially a broader scale.
For instance, a skeptic says, "We can't be sure that there is climate change." Classically, the skeptic would look to find out. Extreme skepticism is the rejection of all knowledge. The point being, it isn't "I am not sure," it's "We can't be sure. You disagree? Fight me now!"

The thing is, if you were an agnostic, I feel like you would be alot, ALOT more chill on this forum. Instead, you typically go after people for their own assertions on faith. So do I, but I don't claim to be anything. If you are agnostic, what business is it of yours whether I believe in God, gods, or a big strong dude called Ungorr the Untamed? Your only priority should be "I don't know whether there are gods or not." Now you talk the talk, but then you do not walk the walk as soon as you make it my business .

Unless you are really NOT agnostic, like you claimed all this point? You are not even really a skeptic, because skeptics tend to question things, as do agnostics, searching for an ultimate answer.

You've decided an answer, and you've decide to bully me until I accept yours. Well I won't. So do you want to keep bugging me hoping I'll "grow up" as you put it? See, what this is really about is there's a nagging voice trying to tell you that something is wrong here, so you feel threatened by me. You tell yourself the same narrative over and over, but the idea that someone out there completely rejects it is a bit like an environmentalist finding someone who not just neglects to recycle, but refuses to because they know of problems with recycling (ends up in the oceans, for instance). Cognitive dissonance. I quite literally unhinge you just by existing.
Well, I'm sorry, but I've already grown up. And part of it was learning to not be a pushover, and occasionally tell people to mind their own business.

So again, if you really are agnostic, the only thing that should matter is that you personally don't know one way or another. You should drop phrases like "blind guessing, moron, seek mental help" and so on from your vocabulary. Only your personal agnosticism matters to you. If however, you are an imposter, trying to bully me out of my own faith while hiding behind the baner of agnosticism, I will not hesitate to expose you as such.

For it is written,
Quote:
26So do not be afraid of them. For there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, and nothing hidden that will not be made known. 27What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the housetops.

Whatever you conceal, I will shout from the housetops.

Truthful, you say? Heh, ha ha, hahaha, mwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Yeah right. You've been in deep denial since I met you. Reciting how you grew hp and put away childish things, which btw is a direct misquote from the Bible. To telling me you're not REALLY an atheist, when you clearly are. To telling me I should seek mental help (btw, it's psychological help, mental help is something you can't seek because your brain is always wired how it is) when you are senile enough to believe Biden to be a better president (uhhh, last I checked we have food shortages and gas inflation, problems that never existed while people were screaming "Impeach him!" about Trump) . Next you tell me it's about being truthful. Well, I say you lie.
Jasper10

Tue 7 Dec, 2021 08:04 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Remember bulmabriefs144………you are not GUESSING that your God exists you are HOPING that he does………Others are HOPING that he doesn’t ……..some do ALSO refuse to GUESS one way or the other whether your God or any other god/gods exists or not….Leave them to it….they will find out soon enough…

Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Dec, 2021 08:04 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

To be agnostic means to be on the fence, to not have an opinion one way or another. To be uncertain about the existence of a deity.
https://diffsense.com/diff/agnostic/skeptic

Saying that one does not know if any gods exist...is not being on the fence. It is merely telling the truth...which is a foreign language for you.

Quote:
When used as nouns, agnostic means a person who holds to a form of agnosticism, especially uncertainty of the existence of a deity, whereas skeptic means someone who habitually doubts beliefs and claims presented as accepted by others, requiring strong evidence before accepting any belief or claim.

I do not use the descriptor "agnostic" much these days. What I do is to state my take completely:

I do not know if any GOD (or gods) exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect that gods cannot exist…that the existence of a GOD or gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that at least one GOD must exist...that the existence of at least one GOD is needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction on whether any gods exist or not...so I don't.

(When I use the word "GOD or gods" here, I mean "The entity (or entities) responsible for the creation of what we humans call 'the physical universe'...IF SUCH AN ENTITY OR ENTITIES ACTUALLY EXIST.)

If you have any problem with that take...deal with that, not with the **** you make up.

Quote:
So what is the difference? A skeptic, unlike an agnostic, may or may not share their disbelief. With an agnostic, it is always "I don't know." A skeptic comes from the idea of looking around, and is one to question established knowledge . It also doesn't just apply to believe in God/gods, but potentially a broader scale.

Lemme see how I can say this politely: You are totally full of ****.

Quote:
For instance, a skeptic says, "We can't be sure that there is climate change." Classically, the skeptic would look to find out. Extreme skepticism is the rejection of all knowledge. The point being, it isn't "I am not sure," it's "We can't be sure. You disagree? Fight me now!"

See previous comment.

Quote:
The thing is, if you were an agnostic, I feel like you would be alot, ALOT more chill on this forum. Instead, you typically go after people for their own assertions on faith. So do I, but I don't claim to be anything. If you are agnostic, what business is it of yours whether I believe in God, gods, or a big strong dude called Ungorr the Untamed? Your only priority should be "I don't know whether there are gods or not." Now you talk the talk, but then you do not walk the walk as soon as you make it my business .

See the comment above.

Quote:
Unless you are really NOT agnostic, like you claimed all this point? You are not even really a skeptic, because skeptics tend to question things, as do agnostics, searching for an ultimate answer.

Once again, I refer you to my comment up above.

Quote:
You've decided an answer, and you've decide to bully me until I accept yours. Well I won't. So do you want to keep bugging me hoping I'll "grow up" as you put it? See, what this is really about is there's a nagging voice trying to tell you that something is wrong here, so you feel threatened by me.

https://c.tenor.com/uKjKZFAvCoMAAAAM/laughing-laugh.gif

Quote:
You tell yourself the same narrative over and over, but the idea that someone out there completely rejects it is a bit like an environmentalist finding someone who not just neglects to recycle, but refuses to because they know of problems with recycling (ends up in the oceans, for instance). Cognitive dissonance. I quite literally unhinge you just by existing.
Well, I'm sorry, but I've already grown up. And part of it was learning to not be a pushover, and occasionally tell people to mind their own business.

Quote:
So again, if you really are agnostic, the only thing that should matter is that you personally don't know one way or another. You should drop phrases like "blind guessing, moron, seek mental help" and so on from your vocabulary. Only your personal agnosticism matters to you. If however, you are an imposter, trying to bully me out of my own faith while hiding behind the baner of agnosticism, I will not hesitate to expose you as such.

https://c.tenor.com/uKjKZFAvCoMAAAAM/laughing-laugh.gif
Quote:

Quote:
For it is written,
Quote:
26So do not be afraid of them. For there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, and nothing hidden that will not be made known. 27What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the housetops.

Whatever you conceal, I will shout from the housetops.

It is also written: "Lemme see how I can say this politely: You are totally full of ****."

I enjoy you, Bulma. You make mornings fun with your humor. I suspect it is unintentional, but you are fun to laugh at.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Tue 7 Dec, 2021 08:56 am
@Jasper10,
Actually, I more than hope. I know God exists.

I have assurance of that fact by the way creation works.

The Bible itself is proof of God even if I don't open a single page. I know the ink used came from somewhere, I know that the paper came from somewhere, dyes for the binding, and often leather or cardboard. Simply tracing this back leads to proof of God, since if everything is created by everything else, there must be an uncreated Creator at the end of this chain.

What I don't know is other things, like whether or not God is good. This is my hope, that God is as merciful as is said of him, and that I can trust him. Ir seems to be the case though, as I have currently lived a few years without using much money, yet I have plenty to eat. I also don't know whether or not I am actually the only real person in this world. And many other things. I only know that I exist and God exists.

This idiot above me can laugh all he wants, but as long as he isn't honest with himself, I'm fairly certain that he's gonna be wailing and maybe gnashing his teeth eventually. I have no use for people with a shitty attitude that mocks people who want to teach them something, and even less use for consummate liars who tell people they're agnostic yet have a very clear opinion on what others should believe. Leadfoot thought that if I ever do manage to pin him down that he would ignore me, but I always knew there was no possible way to pin him down because he moves the goalposts. I knew that I'd probably be the one to ignore him, and today seems as good a day as any. But before that, I might check out what he has to say... Yeah, **** no.

**** off, Frank.
bulmabriefs144

Tue 7 Dec, 2021 09:08 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Much better!

It's like I swatted an annoying insect.

It's possible for us to know what our own experiences tell us. Atheism is the system of being in denial of one's own experiences. Seeing misfortune and calling it disproof of God.

But if God didn't exist, there would be nothing here. No universe, not even a virtual reality illusion of a universe, minds minds, no life, no self. Nothing. Yes, it's sad when my parents or grandparents or whoever dies and maybe God didn't answer my prayer. Maybe God didn't answer my prayer not because God doesn't exist (He clearly does) but because we are immature selfish twits who think we can tell someone in pain who wants to die that they have to keep living because we prayed it. That's about the point where I'd say to grow up.

But most atheists exist in a perpetual state of immaturity, even telling themselves they "grew up" because they stopped believing in God. Actually, you decided to throw a fit and said, "Well if you're not gonna do what I say, I don't believe in you anymore!" My dearest friend and I are separated now, as we couldn't see eye to eye. But I still know that she's there, that she's living her life as best she can.
Jasper10

Tue 7 Dec, 2021 09:10 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Apologies…...I didn’t mean to wind you up….I admire your faith bulmabriefs144…….there is nothing wrong with FAITH…….or HOPE…...nothing at all.

Thank you for being such a breath of fresh air…..
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Dec, 2021 09:32 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Actually, I more than hope. I know God exists.

I have assurance of that fact by the way creation works.

The Bible itself is proof of God even if I don't open a single page. I know the ink used came from somewhere, I know that the paper came from somewhere, dyes for the binding, and often leather or cardboard. Simply tracing this back leads to proof of God, since if everything is created by everything else, there must be an uncreated Creator at the end of this chain.

What I don't know is other things, like whether or not God is good. This is my hope, that God is as merciful as is said of him, and that I can trust him. Ir seems to be the case though, as I have currently lived a few years without using much money, yet I have plenty to eat. I also don't know whether or not I am actually the only real person in this world. And many other things. I only know that I exist and God exists.

This idiot above me can laugh all he wants, but as long as he isn't honest with himself, I'm fairly certain that he's gonna be wailing and maybe gnashing his teeth eventually. I have no use for people with a shitty attitude that mocks people who want to teach them something, and even less use for consummate liars who tell people they're agnostic yet have a very clear opinion on what others should believe. Leadfoot thought that if I ever do manage to pin him down that he would ignore me, but I always knew there was no possible way to pin him down because he moves the goalposts. I knew that I'd probably be the one to ignore him, and today seems as good a day as any. But before that, I might check out what he has to say... Yeah, **** no.

**** off, Frank.

C'mon, Man. Show a little class...although in your case, it will probably be as little as possible.

You KNOW there is a god!

You do not KNOW. You blindly guess there is a god...and then call that blind guess a "belief." And you insist that your blind guess is correct...and claim that your stone-headedness is "faith."

You are a gem, though. Funny as a joke. And I appreciate that you are willing to let so many people laugh at you.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Dec, 2021 09:40 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Much better!

It's like I swatted an annoying insect.

It's possible for us to know what our own experiences tell us. Atheism is the system of being in denial of one's own experiences. Seeing misfortune and calling it disproof of God.

But if God didn't exist, there would be nothing here. No universe, not even a virtual reality illusion of a universe, minds minds, no life, no self. Nothing. Yes, it's sad when my parents or grandparents or whoever dies and maybe God didn't answer my prayer. Maybe God didn't answer my prayer not because God doesn't exist (He clearly does) but because we are immature selfish twits who think we can tell someone in pain who wants to die that they have to keep living because we prayed it. That's about the point where I'd say to grow up.

But most atheists exist in a perpetual state of immaturity, even telling themselves they "grew up" because they stopped believing in God. Actually, you decided to throw a fit and said, "Well if you're not gonna do what I say, I don't believe in you anymore!" My dearest friend and I are separated now, as we couldn't see eye to eye. But I still know that she's there, that she's living her life as best she can.

You still cannot simply tell the truth.

You do not KNOW that a god exists...you merely guess that one does. Your "logic" is nothing but self-serving drivel. All of this may exist...without any gods at all. It may JUST EXIST...the same way your supposedly necessary god JUST EXISTS.

People like you have no trouble positing a god that just exists...and has always existed...but cannot acknowledge that whatever actually exists...always has existed.

I wonder which it is. Of course I do not know. All I can do is to blindly guess which is correct...if I were the kind who wants to blindly guess on the issue.

I am not.

You obviously are, Bulma.

Nothing wrong with blindly guessing about it. You may even be correct.

Why are you so reluctant to acknowledge that it is a guess?