Are atheists being more illogical than agnostics?

Jasper10

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 04:47 pm
@hingehead,
Well let’s just say that when one looks inward there is a division (right/left).Take each side separately and divide again.Perfect balance..Perfect choice.
chai2

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 06:54 pm
@Jasper10,
Why should we say any of that?

What makes you believe when we look inward there's a division, and why would be divide again.

Man, you gotta stop this just saying **** that means nothing, and acting like it's a fact.
Jasper10

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 02:21 am
@chai2,
With all due respect..nobody has to do anything if they have a CHOICE.All anyone has is HOPE.I am not stating anything as fact.Good (1) is not Bad (0) and Bad (0) is not Good (1) is just another part of the formula that some ignore.I am merely pointing this out.
hingehead

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 07:02 am
@Jasper10,
I think your confirming Chai’s point. Rather than argue for logic you’ve chosen waffle, as is your right. Just don’t dress it up as logic.
Jasper10

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 08:00 am
@hingehead,
My logic is sound...both sides of the internal fence are full of darkness AND light in equal measure.

chai2

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 09:47 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I am not stating anything as fact.Good (1) is not Bad (0) and Bad (0) is not Good (1) is just another part of the formula that some ignore.I am merely pointing this out.

I didn't say anything about facts.

I asked you why you believe we divide when we look inwards.

As hingehead said, you just say more words. What you are pointing out, over and over, is that you a just rambling.
Jasper10

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 09:53 am
@chai2,
Are you saying that there is no duality within?
0 Replies

chai2

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 09:56 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I asked you why you believe we divide when we look inwards.

Jasper10

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 09:59 am
@chai2,
As there is duality within.
0 Replies

hingehead

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 04:15 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
My logic is sound...both sides of the internal fence are full of darkness AND light in equal measure.

By your own logic you have to give equal weight to the possibility that there is no internal fence, no light and dark and/or no equal measure.
Jasper10

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 04:38 pm
@hingehead,
Well obviously or else it doesn’t all cancel out does it...but the output allows for the whole formula this time not just the biased good (1) is bad (0) and bad (0) is good (1) bit.One therefore has a choice as to which part of the overall formula one HOPES in.
Jasper10

Sun 24 Jan, 2021 02:50 am
@Jasper10,
So then....it could be said that good is NOT bad and bad is NOT good.......Interesting...
0 Replies

Dr Huff

Sat 24 Apr, 2021 10:44 pm
@igm,
If an atheist said "it’s not logical to believe in God" it would be because no logical reason has been forthcoming. It's the lack of convincing evidence that stops the atheist from believing god exists. On the other hand, an agnostic neither believes nor disbelieves in a god. Agnostics assert that it's impossible for human beings to know anything about god.

As for which position, atheism or agnosticism, is more logical, I can only ask which is most reasonable:

1) To outright deny the possibility of ever knowing whether god exists, or

2) To accept the possibility that god exists, but lacking evidence, to withhold belief.

Looking at the agnostic position one has to ask; where does such knowledge about the impossibility of knowing anything about god come from? Just how do they know it's impossible? Personally, I don't think they know any such thing at all. Therefore, atheist "are more logical."

Mame

Sat 24 Apr, 2021 11:53 pm
@Dr Huff,
Does any of it really matter?
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 25 Apr, 2021 01:14 am
@Dr Huff,
Where you are going wrong is that you know ABSOLUTELY nothing at all about Awareness/Logic/Consciousness types/Toggling (I could go on).

Learn it bit more about them and then see if your opinion remains the same,

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 25 Apr, 2021 01:35 pm
@Dr Huff,
Dr Huff wrote:

If an atheist said "it’s not logical to believe in God" it would be because no logical reason has been forthcoming. It's the lack of convincing evidence that stops the atheist from believing god exists. On the other hand, an agnostic neither believes nor disbelieves in a god. Agnostics assert that it's impossible for human beings to know anything about god.

As for which position, atheism or agnosticism, is more logical, I can only ask which is most reasonable:

1) To outright deny the possibility of ever knowing whether god exists, or

2) To accept the possibility that god exists, but lacking evidence, to withhold belief.

Looking at the agnostic position one has to ask; where does such knowledge about the impossibility of knowing anything about god come from? Just how do they know it's impossible? Personally, I don't think they know any such thing at all. Therefore, atheist "are more logical."

Stop with the bullshit.

Far and away, the agnostic position is that agnostics do not know if any gods exist or not...and "whether any gods exist or not" MAY be unknowable.

The atheistic position is all over the place...running from "there are no gods" to "I 'believe' there are no gods" to "It is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one" to...whatever the hell is the atheistic flavor of the day.

Insofar as the "atheistic" position is: "There are no gods" or "It is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one"...

...it is totally illogical.

I defy anyone to arrive at "There are no gods" or "It is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one" using logic, reason, math, or science.

I especially defy you to do it, Dr. Huff.
cicerone imposter

Sun 25 Apr, 2021 02:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Just look at what science have established. This planet is over 4.5 billion years old. Evolution is a proven theory. Humans created thousands of gods, based on country, race and culture. Homo sapiens originated in South Africa. I prefer to put my dollar on science.
Homo sapiens | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins ...
humanorigins.si.edu › evidence › human-fossils
Jan 22, 2021 · The species that you and all other living human beings on this planet belong to is Homo sapiens. During a time of dramatic climate change 300,000 years ago, Homo sapiens evolved in Africa. Like other early humans that were living at this time, they gathered and hunted food, and evolved behaviors that helped them respond to the challenges of survival in unstable environments.
Frank Apisa

Sun 25 Apr, 2021 06:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Just look at what science have established. This planet is over 4.5 billion years old. Evolution is a proven theory. Humans created thousands of gods, based on country, race and culture. Homo sapiens originated in South Africa. I prefer to put my dollar on science.
Homo sapiens | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins ...
humanorigins.si.edu › evidence › human-fossils
Jan 22, 2021 · The species that you and all other living human beings on this planet belong to is Homo sapiens. During a time of dramatic climate change 300,000 years ago, Homo sapiens evolved in Africa. Like other early humans that were living at this time, they gathered and hunted food, and evolved behaviors that helped them respond to the challenges of survival in unstable environments.

Yup...all that and LOTS more. Science has done that.

But there is no way science or logic or reason or math...can establish that...

1) There are no gods
2) There is at least one god
3) It is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one god
4) It is more likely that there is at least one god than that there is at least one

That was my point, ci.
cicerone imposter

Sun 25 Apr, 2021 06:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'll stick to no god, and stick with nature or natural.
Jasper10

Sun 25 Apr, 2021 11:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Evolution is NOT a proven theory....what are you talking about?

You have been TOTALLY brainwashed.

You are lost.
0 Replies