Are atheists being more illogical than agnostics?

carnaticmystery

Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
its funny watching you and olivier fight about 'knowing', when clearly neither of you know anything, just like all of humanity, the word 'know' points to a concept which is not possible to experience in consciousness, it is only possible to conceptualise about in thought. if any presumed knowledge is investigated enough, there will be some negligible percentage probability that it is false. but if you are really investigating, nothing is negligible.
Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 07:59 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

its funny watching you and olivier fight about 'knowing', when clearly neither of you know anything, just like all of humanity, the word 'know' points to a concept which is not possible to experience in consciousness, it is only possible to conceptualise about in thought. if any presumed knowledge is investigated enough, there will be some negligible percentage probability that it is false. but if you are really investigating, nothing is negligible.

I'm delighted you find it funny. Want to see everyone happy...and if what I write or do helps...so much the better.

I, in return, find it hilarious that you preach so much about what IS...especially when you preach that one cannot logically do what you are doing.

Glad we are able to exchange moments of delight.
Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 08:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
If...that is...you are actually enjoying it all as much as I.
0 Replies

igm

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 10:20 am
In other words the OP means... Is one concept more illogical than another? No, they are both ultimately meaningless concepts... discussed by people who believe they are meaningful... or know they are meaningless but can't resist discussing them anyway.
Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 11:05 am
@igm,
igm wrote:

In other words the OP means... Is one concept more illogical than another? No, they are both ultimately meaningless concepts... discussed by people who believe they are meaningful... or know they are meaningless but can't resist discussing them anyway.

TRANSLATION: igm thinks he is the arbiter of what is or is not meaningful.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 11:41 am
@carnaticmystery,
Quote:
the word 'know' points to a concept which is not possible to experience in consciousness

And you know that how?

Of course you would agree with Frank on that discussion. You two have the same approach to philosophy: say nothing, but say it again and again forever.
carnaticmystery

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 09:47 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
the word 'know' points to a concept which is not possible to experience in consciousness
Quote:

And you know that how?

are you stupid? if i just said knowing isn't possible in consciousness actually, then how can i know it??? i am speculating it, thinking it is knowledge just like you do all the time with your thoughts and presumed knowledge.

my idea that knowledge is actually impossible is my own opinion, i consider it a deep form of 'knowledge' of my own, while still maintaining that knowledge is ultimately impossible.
Quote:
Of course you would agree with Frank on that discussion. You two have the same approach to philosophy: say nothing, but say it again and again forever.

how the **** am i agreeing with that clown? rofl, trust me, that'll never happen.
Olivier5

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 10:18 pm
@carnaticmystery,
LOL. You can put your speculations up your Carnatic anus. Provided Carnatic Mystery Men have anusses of course.
cicerone imposter

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 11:04 pm
@Olivier5,
Does cm know he's posting on a2k while conscious - or maybe his comatose.
Olivier5

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 07:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
All these guys unable to know anything, who come to Able 2 Know to make sure we all know that they don't know anything... It's like they are proud of their inhabilities.
cicerone imposter

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 11:35 am
@Olivier5,
There are several regular posters on a2k who seem unable to grasp reality, facts, and suggestions in how they can improve their knowledge base. Some are hopeless to the core about knowing much of anything, while others just repeat their same rhetoric as if that will become true. It may work in politics, but not philosophical topics.
Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 11:50 am

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/vomit.gif

0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 12:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And the funny thing is they insist the NOBODY ELSE CAN KNOW ANYTHING EITHER. They KNOW that for a fact, you see.... Smile)
Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 12:35 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

And the funny thing is they insist the NOBODY ELSE CAN KNOW ANYTHING EITHER. They KNOW that for a fact, you see.... Smile)

I do agree with you here.

The people that do that are being absurd.

I am happy I am not one of them.
anonymously99stwin

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 12:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I do agree with you here.

The people that do that are being absurd.

I am happy I am not one of them.

We're only human.

carnaticmystery

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 07:38 am
@anonymously99stwin,
hahaha, amateurs who don't understand non duality are fun.

yes i am asserting that there is no possible knowledge, ultimately. yes i feel that i 'know' this, even though that seemingly goes against my assertion. however, that is my point exactly, that all knowledge appears this way (as true knowledge), but when investigated, is revealed to only be a belief or assumption.

if you all are so sure you have so much knowledge, tell me some of it, and i will happily disprove it all.
Frank Apisa

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 07:57 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

hahaha, amateurs who don't understand non duality are fun.

If you think so...you must get an even bigger kick out of amateurs who pretend they do.

Quote:
yes i am asserting that there is no possible knowledge, ultimately.

Yeah, you are. And it is a laughable proposition.

Quote:
yes i feel that i 'know' this, even though that seemingly goes against my assertion.

It doesn't seemingly go against it...IT GOES AGAINST IT. In fact, it is a direct contradiction of what you are asserting.

Quote:
however, that is my point exactly, that all knowledge appears this way (as true knowledge), but when investigated, is revealed to only be a belief or assumption.

That actually is not your point...but I imagine that gibberish sounds good to you, so you use it.

Quote:
if you all are so sure you have so much knowledge, tell me some of it, and i will happily disprove it all.

Thanks for the laugh!
Olivier5

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 08:46 am
@carnaticmystery,
Quote:

I know that you are not a giant pink frog.
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 01:52 pm
There's the story of the Indian mystic who belonged to a cult that believes everything is just an illusion.
One day an elephant ran amok down the street so he dodged and took cover like everybody else.
Afterwards people jokingly said to him- "If you believe the elephant was just an illusion, why did you run and hide from it?"

Anybody wanna have a crack at guessing what he replied?..Smile
igm

Tue 4 Mar, 2014 04:53 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

I know that you are not a giant pink frog.

lol...
giant = much bigger than something smaller
pink = the possible color of your skin
frog = a term used to describe you .... a Frenchman...

Therefore someone can be a giant pink frog... lol
0 Replies