Are atheists being more illogical than agnostics?

Frank Apisa

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 11:16 am
Feel the love!
anonymously99

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 11:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa. You're not making any sense.
Frank Apisa

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:33 pm
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

Frank Apisa. You're not making any sense.

Really!

Who do you think will win the Super Bowl this year?
JimmyJ

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Lets go Patriots!
Frank Apisa

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:38 pm
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:

Lets go Patriots!

I'd love to come back atcha, Jimmy, but I am a GIANTS fan...and we sucked this year. I think the Pats will do okay...but I am thinking Denver and KC are the ones who will be standing at the end.
neologist

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 01:20 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
A christian 'holy man' also a racist?
You have defined yourself, Romeo.
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 01:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I pick the Seahawks over Denver by 3
0 Replies

dalehileman

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 01:24 pm
@igm,
Yes, in exact accordance with the observation that nothing is entirely anything while everything is partly something else
neologist

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 01:27 pm
@dalehileman,
Hey! You're straying from our diversion from the OP.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 01:28 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: @RF- A christian 'holy man' also a racist? You have defined yourself, Romeo

Stick out yer chin mate-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/rac-stik_zpse66033da.gif~original

PS- You live in Seattle so full marks to you for you going to grab the Seattle tribes land, other people might think you're racist for doing it but not me..Smile
Their Big Boss was a murdering slave-driving heathen troublemaker by all accounts so it serves him right having his land taken off him-
WIKI- Chief Seattle earned his reputation at a young age as a leader and a warrior, ambushing and defeating groups of enemy raiders coming up the Green River from the Cascade foothills, and attacking the Chimakum and the S'Klallam, tribes living on the Olympic Peninsula. Like many of his contemporaries, he owned slaves captured during his raids.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Seattle
neologist

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 01:36 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You have already thrown the punch and whiffed
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 06:39 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
And where did your Jesus or your god say to "civilize" the world through brute force? Or was it "interpretation" that led your christians to the conclusion?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 06:45 pm
When nasty regimes are throwing their weight about, they have to be made to go sit on the naughty stool..Smile
For example the nazis wanted to bomb New York, so America had to go to Europe to trash them-

"I completely lack the bombers capable of round-trip flights to New York with a 5-ton bomb load. I would be extremely happy to possess such a bomber which would at last stuff the mouth of arrogance across the sea."-Hermann Goering 1938
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Photos%20Two/Goering1943.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/amerbomb.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/amerikabombr.jpg
neologist

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 06:50 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
PS- You live in Seattle so full marks to you for you going to grab the Seattle tribes land, other people might think you're racist for doing it but not me.
I'm old.
But not that old.
Count me out of that grab.
For the record, I am ashamed of the part of American history where fellow humans were considered as objects.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 07:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Let me confirm. In war, you would kill your fellow christian brothers at the request of a non christians order?

Up until Constantine your christians took no place in the army on moral grounds. So it seems your god changed his mind and changed in the teachings of your church?
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 07:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I hate the Giants (you can imagine why) lol

Denver is going to get exposed again as usual (Peyton just can't handle the weather/playoff pressure). After seeing what Indy did to KC, I've lost faith in them as well. The AFC could be any of the top 4 teams and I wouldn't be surprised. The NFC is a more interesting picture though.
JimmyJ

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 07:33 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You're a sick person.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 08:47 pm
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:

I hate the Giants (you can imagine why) lol

Denver is going to get exposed again as usual (Peyton just can't handle the weather/playoff pressure). After seeing what Indy did to KC, I've lost faith in them as well. The AFC could be any of the top 4 teams and I wouldn't be surprised. The NFC is a more interesting picture though.

I've always preferred the NFC teams...but I think the AFC has this year sewed up. If it isn't Denver or KC...the Pats are strong. I really like the Niners and Seattle...but it looks like the NFC East is going to be the runt of the league. With Romo out, the Boys are finished.
Romeo Fabulini

Wed 25 Dec, 2013 09:46 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: Let me confirm. In war, you would kill your fellow christian brothers at the request of a non christians order?
Up until Constantine your christians took no place in the army on moral grounds. So it seems your god changed his mind and changed in the teachings of your church?

I'd do whatever my conscience tells me to do; we're all on our own in that respect- "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philip 2:12 KJV),
so following the herd and copying what they do won't do us a blind bit of good if they're all going up the spout!
I almost joined the army as a teenager, I sent off for the brochures but changed my mind and dived behind the settee when the local recruiting officer came knocking my door on a follow-up visit because I knew i'd never be able to take orders if i didn't agree with them, or fight in a war that i didn't agree with..Smile

This is my great-uncle Alf (my paternal granmas brother) who was killed in WW1 many years before I was born and has been lying in a grave somewhere in Belgium ever since. (Gosh I can see myself in his strong features, insolent body language and flamboyant dress style!)
He probably thought it was the right thing to go overseas to fight the Germans, (or maybe he just went for some adventure) but I'm not so sure I'd have gone myself in that particular war..

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/alfT.png
JimmyJ

Thu 26 Dec, 2013 03:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I've always preferred the NFC teams...but I think the AFC has this year sewed up. If it isn't Denver or KC...the Pats are strong. I really like the Niners and Seattle...but it looks like the NFC East is going to be the runt of the league. With Romo out, the Boys are finished.

Seattle has their unfair stadium to help them make it to the SB (though they aren't even unbeatable there either). The NFC East is one of the worst divisions in football IMO. Romo might play according to Garrett.