Are atheists being more illogical than agnostics?

igm

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:25 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Talking of parrots...

http://youtu.be/4vuW6tQ0218
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:26 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
igm said: @Romeo- Frank will be, 'chuffed to bits' that you're on his side... who wouldn't?

We holy men don't do 'sides' mate, we simply applaud or boo posts regardless of who wrote them..Smile

PS- more Brit slang-
"Over the moon" means 'delighted', as in "I'm over the moon, I think the woman in the chip shop fancies me!"

"Sick as a parrott" means 'not delighted', as in "My computer's packed up and I'm sick as a parrott"

Thank you for your comment earlier, Romeo. I do derive benefit and satisfaction from acknowledging that I do not know what I do not know.

Apparently igm is not able to derive benefit or satisfaction from acknowledging that he does not know what he does not know...which probably is the reason he does it so infrequently, if at all.
0 Replies

igm

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Okay Frank if you say so... again... Smile Wink
JimmyJ

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:33 am
@igm,
The fact that Romeo agreed with Frank should tell you all you need to know about Frank's argument, lol.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:35 am
@igm,
igm wrote:

Okay Frank if you say so... again... Smile Wink

And I certainly do, igm. Wink Wink Wink
0 Replies

igm

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:40 am
Apologies for the interruption to your thread, normal services have been resumed...
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:22 am
Quote:
JimmyJ said: @igm- The fact that Romeo agreed with Frank should tell you all you need to know about Frank's argument, lol

Incidentally Jimmy and igm, your profiles are complete blanks (like many other people here), which undermines everything you say because it makes you look like scaredy-cats, afraid to say whether you're male, female or undecided, or whether you're Brit, Yank or Congo tribesmen, or whether you're young cheeky snot-nosed kids or adults, and which fairy queen you worship etc.
So do yourselves a favour and add a bit to your profiles and stop hiding under the bed huh?..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/part2.jpg~original
Frank Apisa

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:36 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
JimmyJ said: @igm- The fact that Romeo agreed with Frank should tell you all you need to know about Frank's argument, lol

Incidentally Jimmy and igm, your profiles are complete blanks (like many other people here), which undermines everything you say because it makes you look like scaredy-cats, afraid to say whether you're male, female or undecided, or whether you're Brit, Yank or Congo tribesmen, or whether you're young cheeky snot-nosed kids or adults, and which fairy queen you worship etc.
So do yourselves a favour and add a bit to your profiles and stop hiding under the bed huh?..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/part2.jpg~original

Amen!
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:45 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
That has nothing to do with anything.

Who cares about what our profiles say? LOL It's the internet, chump. Get over yourself. I didn't add anything to my profile because I don't feel like taking the time. If you want to know who I am I will send a link to my Facebook on private message.

I'm 20 years old and pursuing a degree in evolutionary Biology. I'm about 2 semesters away from getting my bachelors and I'll be applying to medical schools next fall. I have a cat named "cuddles" and a dog named "Larry". I have a fish that I haven't bothered to name because it will most likely be dead in a few months. I enjoy long walks on the beach, pina coladas, getting caught in the rain, etc.

I have a birthmark on my right arm that is about 1 cm wide.

Do you want to know anything else, ass wipe?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 12:25 pm
Quote:
JimmyJ said: I'm 20 years old..

Aha just a snot-nosed kid..Smile
JimmyJ

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 12:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Aha just a snot-nosed kid..

Yet knows more than you...
How embarrassing. With age does not always come wisdom.
0 Replies

igm

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 12:31 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Incidentally Jimmy and igm, your profiles are complete blanks (like many other people here), ...

This post highlights exactly your problem.... you read the bible and you believe it... you now want me to publish my bio... which could... all be fiction... so that you can... blindly believe what I wrote... think about it... it makes no difference what my bio says... because you have no way of knowing whether it's true or false... same with the bible... please continue to have blind faith in the bible... as unlike agnostics there is a worthwhile benefit for those that have faith.

You can at least know that because I'm anonymous I don't have to worry about what I say as... those who know me... where it really matters... everyday face to face life, can't be affected by what I say here.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 12:58 pm
Quote:
igm said: because I'm anonymous I don't have to worry about what I say

We holy men don't do "worry" or "hide under bed"..Smile
Me and my legs-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/mike3.png

Plymouth England, my place is circled-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Sutt-myplace.gif~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/myflatplace.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Ply-SuttonPoolaerialmypl.jpg

View from my window-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub3/Street.jpg

PS- People say to me "You must be crazy to post stuff like that on the net because any lust-crazed female internet stalker might track you down and kidnap you at gunpoint and keep you chained in her cellar as her slave!"
and I reply- "Yes i know, that's why i post it"..Smile
igm

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 01:04 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Frank is so fortunate to be part of team Romeo... and you've both posted such detailed a2k bio's... sweet!

I'm here to 'play' at debating... nothing else. Just a bit of harmless chat about stuff... no bio required...

I'm sure you don't come across many who disagree with your self appointed, 'holy man' title.... at least I'm sure of that about you.
0 Replies

carnaticmystery

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Ahhh...the incarnate god has spoken!

add incarnate god to the list of things you define me as. you will soon be able to write a new bible about me.

Quote:
Go back to breathing the air, CM.

hold your breath for a while, and feel the necessity by which you start breathing again. if you think you can oppose or control that force, then keep instructing others to exert control over it. 'go back to breathing, cm. i will show you the way. i know all the intricacies of control over consciousness.' rofl.
carnaticmystery

Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I do not know if there is a GOD or if there are gods; I do not know if there are no gods; I see no reason to suspect gods cannot exist; I see no reason that suggests gods are needed to explain existence; I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction.

well start learning things. your entire argument is you see not enough evidence for anything and don't know anything. not the best starting point for debating of any topic.

Quote:
Wow...I just got a rush of substantial benefit from stating that!

that is because of what i have already explained to you: you are living in a self-perpetuating ego dominant state where the only thing keeping you alive is your own ego's satisfaction from the constant reaffirmation of your belief system - agnosticism, not knowing, and being content to not know.

Quote:
And I feel absolutely no need to take advise from the likes of you in order to enjoy the Christmastime...or about how to "better use" my time.

of course you will never take anyone's advice, because you are an ego maniac. you need to have it come from yourself, to realise that this is not enough for you, to keep asserting that you don't know. it is only appeasing a shallow part of your intellect which believes that 'not knowing' is the ultimate perspective. once your ego finally settles down after its seemingly endless feast, natural intelligence will again question this 'not knowing'.
JimmyJ

Mon 23 Dec, 2013 03:29 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I'd be an angry bigot if I looked like you as well.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 23 Dec, 2013 07:12 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
Ahhh...the incarnate god has spoken!

add incarnate god to the list of things you define me as. you will soon be able to write a new bible about me.

Quote:
Go back to breathing the air, CM.

hold your breath for a while, and feel the necessity by which you start breathing again. if you think you can oppose or control that force, then keep instructing others to exert control over it. 'go back to breathing, cm. i will show you the way. i know all the intricacies of control over consciousness.' rofl.

MPTOFTOM.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 23 Dec, 2013 07:15 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
I do not know if there is a GOD or if there are gods; I do not know if there are no gods; I see no reason to suspect gods cannot exist; I see no reason that suggests gods are needed to explain existence; I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction.

well start learning things. your entire argument is you see not enough evidence for anything and don't know anything. not the best starting point for debating of any topic.
Quote:

It is a huge step up from where you are beginning, CM. At least there is a me...and a you...and a debate...and a topic...and a we...and some learning to be done. Wink

Quote:
Quote:
Wow...I just got a rush of substantial benefit from stating that!

that is because of what i have already explained to you: you are living in a self-perpetuating ego dominant state where the only thing keeping you alive is your own ego's satisfaction from the constant reaffirmation of your belief system - agnosticism, not knowing, and being content to not know.

Don't be silly, dear boy. I am not here, you are not here, the world is not here...there is nothing.

You gotta keep that in mind.

Quote:

Quote:
And I feel absolutely no need to take advise from the likes of you in order to enjoy the Christmastime...or about how to "better use" my time.

of course you will never take anyone's advice, because you are an ego maniac. you need to have it come from yourself, to realise that this is not enough for you, to keep asserting that you don't know. it is only appeasing a shallow part of your intellect which believes that 'not knowing' is the ultimate perspective. once your ego finally settles down after its seemingly endless feast, natural intelligence will again question this 'not knowing'.

Ahhh...is that what it is.

Well...at least it is something.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:15 pm
Quote:
JimmyJ said: I'd be an angry bigot if I looked like you as well.

Oh mate is that the best you can do by way of debate?
I called you a 20 yr old snot-nosed kid so that you could hit me back with this verse but you completely missed your chance..Smile -
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity" (1 Tim 4:12)

Ha ha I'm now having to coach my debating opponents, hilarious..Smile