THE FORTUNE TELLER

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 04:38 pm
A winters morning, as I stand at the top of my street. I see the footballers living out their dreams, I was never good at football, but I tried.
I had my own dreams, the carnival.
For three weeks football stopped in the glasgow green, that's when I could live out my dreams.

When the carnival arrived, Billy and I were there to help the people in the carnival, we would ask if we could give a hand, building the roundabouts and filling there water cans, for a few shillings a day. I loved the magic of it all, the music and the coloured lights. That is why my favorite film was carousel. The them music I would hum, when I was going up the stairs to my house. The carnival folk got to know my name they would say. "hi Joe could you get us water. We made a few shillings.

I used to dream of places in the USA were they had big carnivals, I think one was called coney island. This was my dream for three weeks, I lived it for real.

I met a lady with a beautiful smile and long black hair, she looked like a movie star, with bright big blue eyes, she would say to me "Joe put the water cans into small cart. I told my mother about the lady with the nice smile.

On a Friday mother would take us to the carnival, that's when she met the lady with the smile, she smiled at my mother and said "Is this your son?" Mothers face lit up and said yes. They spoke for a few minutes and the lady said "Joe I remember the day you were born" She had told my auntie in 1948 that her son was going to get a suprise birthday present on his 1st birthday, I was that suprise, as I was born that day
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 518 • Replies: 0
No top replies