The Kvetch Thread

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 01:33 am
@Roberta,
I'd say keep on being so nice and send you the stinking money.
Roberta

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 01:35 am
@dlowan,
I like your style, bunny.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 02:28 am
For more than thirty years, I've been going to the same friend's house for Christmas. I missed a couple of years, when I was sick. But otherwise I was there. My stocking with my name on it hanging on the mantle.

I've been waiting to hear from my friend. And waiting. I finally decide to be pushy. I send her an e-mail. Will I be busy this coming Sunday? No I won't. She and her husband are going to Hawaii. She guesses she forgot to tell me.

Hurt, annoyed, and disappointed. Do those three things equal a kvetch. Not sure. Don't care. I'll be home for Christmas.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 02:35 am
@Roberta,
Raining like hell in Hawaii last few days. Doubt if it'll clear up by Christmas. That make you feel better, Roberta? A little schadenfreude is good for the soul.
Roberta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 02:50 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I've got a lot of mixed feelings, Andy. Not sure if I wish them a sloggy vacation. I will cogitate.

Keep dry.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 12:47 am
@Roberta,
Well, bugger. That's rude, given the traditional nature of the event. I do get the feeling that Christmas is running out of puff these days? maybe not for folk wit small kids, or large families.

I may be in same boat....usually do something with friends....think everyone's away this year...too busy to find out. But there'll be folk to play with after, so I am happy. And I can't afford presents.

Amend that....I have an evening invite, but I know I'll be well tucked away from the heat and not keen by that time.

I was thinking of organising Boxing Day Recovery Drinks and Kvetches, but the time got away from me.
Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 01:53 am
@dlowan,
I was more upset with being forgotten than with having nothing to do.

Glad you have people to play with. Enjoy that.
dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 05:09 am
@Roberta,
Oh, yes....the forgetting I got.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 04:26 am
So I got a package in the mail from Amazon. A book. A book I think I will enjoy reading.

What am I kvetching about?

I have no idea who sent it to me. I checked with Amazon. I wasn't charged for it.

How can I thank the person who sent it if I don't know who sent it?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 02:06 pm
@Roberta,
You can cross me off the list; I didn't send it.

This is plagiarized from Region Philbis' Facebook page:

Do not think about the PAST -- it cannot be changed.
Do not think about the FUTURE -- it is inscruitable.
Do not think about the PRESENT -- I didn't get you one.

P.S. btw, what are you kvetching aboot?
Roberta

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 02:26 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Now that I've gotten over the fear that the book will explode and lead to my demise, I'm kvetching about not being able to say thanks. I'm concerned that Amazon may have neglected to include a card or message and that some nice person out there thinks that I'm an ungrateful bitch.

I'm not ungrateful.
dlowan

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 05:45 pm
@Roberta,
'twas not I......can you share what book it is?

Perhaps your gifter wished to be anonymously kind?
msolga

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 05:50 pm
@dlowan,
Yes, that might be it, Deb.
Someone was thinking of you, Roberta.
Nice. Smile

And if it was an A2Ker, they'll now now you've received their gift.
I'd love to know what the book is, too.
Roberta

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 02:19 am
@msolga,
Cool, Calm, and Contentious by Merrill Markoe.
msolga

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 02:24 am
@Roberta,
Sounds interesting, Roberta.
But I don't know of it.
Doing a Google search now to find out more .
msolga

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 02:27 am
@msolga,
Sounds like a good read!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/cool-calm-and-contentious-by-merrill-markoe/2011/10/14/gIQAk7TDMO_story.html
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 03:31 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I'm kvetching about not being able to say thanks. I'm concerned that Amazon may have neglected to include a card or message and that some nice person out there thinks that I'm an ungrateful bitch.

This is exactly what happened. Amazon neglected to include the message from the gift giver, who did not wish to remain anonymous. I got a call from said gift-giver. Did I get the gift? Aha, says, I. It was you. I explained what happened and said thanks.

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 02:52 pm
@Roberta,
I decided to pour hot water over my balcony tiles this morning....gives them a good pre clean...poured a significant proportion over my feet!
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 02:56 pm
@Roberta,
<whew>
Glad that's settled and straightened out.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 03:40 pm
@dlowan,
So, are your toes nice and clean now?